• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4 pin cpu connecter off power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thank you bob nova,for saying that,YOU HAVE TO BE REALLY LEARY WHEN BUYING EBAY BARGAINS!!!,THEY JUST SENT ME A FREE POWER SUPPLY WITH THE CASE,OF COURSE,THAT CAN NEVER POSSIBLY BE HOOKED TO ANYTHING!!!,NOT ANYBODY'S FAULT ON THIS FORUM OF COURSE!!!

and I wasn't being rude, MR_B WAS!!!,HE STARTED BY STUPIDLY INSULTING ME,in case nobody read that part,and when I correctly replied in kind,AND i WAS RIGHT,HE JUST CONTINUED RIGHT ON WITH IT!!!

Please calm down and stop using caps. It means you are yelling, which is why people are reading your posts as rude. Also, it is very annoying to read.

and I wasn't being rude, MR_B WAS!!!
I'm sorry, but i need this, like i need a hole in my head.

HE STARTED BY STUPIDLY INSULTING ME,in case nobody read that part,
Yeah. Shame on my. Was it when i said we couldn't understand your question, and that to really be able to help you, a picture might help? ****, my manners really needs working on, actually trying to help someone find a solution, what was i thinking.

and when I correctly replied in kind,AND i WAS RIGHT,HE JUST CONTINUED RIGHT ON WITH IT!!1
Yeah, your not at all rude and disrespectful here:
i DON'T HAVE A CAMERA AND i DESCRIBED IN THE CLEAREST POSSIBLE TERMS,WHAT MY PROBLEM WAS AND IS!!!,so,if you really want to be helpful,mr_b,TRY BEING THAT WAY!!!
(My emphasis)
Your clearest terms weren't getting us anywhere, and i started suspecting that a single picture of the cables on the PSU would tell us all we needed to know. As it turns out, a single picture would have told us that. Your issue has been solved, and as stated in my first post, you simply don't have the right cable, and need a different PSU:
This cable is NOT for powering the CPU, it's a black/yellow cable that does all that. This one just provides motherboard power.

At this point i'm done with this, and wont be back to this thread. For all i care, just jam the cable in there.
B!

Last edited:
Ok, we are not going to take this any further unless it is about the original topic.

I just read bob nova's review of that power supply,it was quite good!!!,amazing the thing's the big corporation's can get away with in this society

this one came painted black,but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same piece of junk that I think fried the cpu in my 2nd board,but probably I think,at this point,not the board itself

I have 2 more cpu's left that i can still install,but I can't fix the problem now until next month

Last edited by a moderator:
I would trust Bobnova's review. If he says it is junk, I believe him. As others have mentioned, it is probably best to replace the unit. Do you have budget limitations? What are the full specifications of your system? If you can fully answer those two questions, I'm sure we can give you a good suggestion on a solid power supply.

funnily,that ebay case came from newegg,and even funnierly,this is the reply newegg's so called customer support answered me with whenI asked them a simple question as to whether their case came with it's own power on/0ff button,I'll copy and paste it,thenI'll frame it

sorry,I must have deleted it from my email,everybody on the forum would have laughed,it sounded like henry kissinger trying to evade a murder charge,really,it's worth posting if I can find it

thank you thideras,what I really need is a good power supply in the 850 watt range that I can get at the best price possible

I was trying to build a backup computer in case my main one failed on a bataan death march budget,which is all I have to live on,when I ran into these problems

What CPU and what video card(s) does it have? Odds are good it doesn't need an 800+ unit.
With that information we can aim you at a good quality unit for the lowest price possible.

Thank you for contacting New Egg.

Upon further review of this matter, we can confirm that we would be unable to verify that with you. This is because we only have reference to the information posted on the item's web page. The product manufacturer has only provided us with that information posted as reference so we would be unable to elaborate any further for information not posted on the item's web page. We truly apologize.

In this situation, we would highly advise that you contact the product manufacturer and verify that information with them.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. We'll be more than glad to assist you. Until then, thank you for contacting Newegg. Have an EGGcellent day!

- newegg

What are you system specifications, specifically? A quality 850 watt power supply can power a lot of hardware. So unless you are running a really high end system or are going to be expanding in the future, that is quite the overkill. I'm not the one to talk someone out of overkill, though. :)

Also, you can use the "Edit" button in your post if you want to add more information, instead of posting multiple times in a row. It isn't good form to post in quick succession.

EDIT: That is the response I would expect them to give. They don't want to be liable for giving bad information, and that is the best way to do it. They are a reseller. They don't have trained staff that know the products well. Additionally, if they were to talk bad about certain companies or products, that could come back down on them hard. They won't take that risk. Let the customer's do the talking. That way, "they have no control over it".

its a socket 478 with a nvidia geforce 6200 video card,the cpu was an intel 2.80 mghz

I once bought a cybersport gamePWR 850 watt power supply,free shipping,for 75 dollar's,7 year's ago,it still power's my main computer

I'm sure Bobnova or someone else will chime in shortly, but I'm fairly sure you could run that on a couple hundred watts (>300) with a quality unit without a problem. That isn't going to draw much. If you were going to upgrade it soon, I would suggest taking into consideration your future system.

I would suggest an Antec Earthwatts or lower-wattage C-series (?) Corsair, but I'd wait for the authority answers first.

I would rather buy a quality part,which I can see I'm going to have to do NOW,rather then go through this

please find me at least an 800 watt,if your willing mr thideras

The amount of watt a PSU have is not equal to its quality. You could buy a very good 400w PSU and this 400w psu could blow away a very bad 800w unit. Some cheapo PSU cant even deliver half what it's writen on the box ... and this half is a junk half with alot of ripple on the 12/5/3v.

Get a corsair CX430 and call it a day. Good little unit and small price.

or,failing that,at least a 500 watt P/S at the best possible price,thank you

Grab yourself a Corsair CX430 for the backup rig. Good quality (in that it won't explode and kill things. You can certainly get better quality, but this is the cheapest of the "good" units), low price. Well more than enough for a s478+GF6200.

That rig'll probably eat about 200w absolute worst case.

EDIT:
What's your price range?

believe me,I know that quality counts,but I bit on it because of the price and because I only make 710 dollars a month,I also manage to pay half the bills and feed my 150 pound newfoundland roast chicken and at least a loaf of bread twice a day ha!ha!

Back