• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

40+ inch LCD HDTV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

Ok in the Market to upgrade to a 40inch LCD HDTV.

What have your read on whats good out there?
Any links would be great.

ConsumerReports.org Unbiased product Ratings from the experts at Consumer Reports is not really up to date and seem a bit behind as well.

LCD's are not good above 32-37" that is why most mfg don't make them that big. I would look into the Plasma's or DLP/LCOS chip based TV's. Try www.dtvcity.com they have the best prices on shipped HDTV's. I got my Toshiba 72" there for $700 less than anybody else and free extended warranty.

TranceBear said:
LCD's are not good above 32-37" that is why most mfg don't make them that big. I would look into the Plasma's or DLP/LCOS chip based TV's. Try www.dtvcity.com they have the best prices on shipped HDTV's. I got my Toshiba 72" there for $700 less than anybody else and free extended warranty.

Really I thought Plasma image is not that good and easly cab brun up...

ZGOZZ said:
Really I thought Plasma image is not that good and easly cab brun up...

The older ones were prone to that but the new ones can last for many years. DLP has the best picture but also take up the most space.

TranceBear said:
The older ones were prone to that but the new ones can last for many years. DLP has the best picture but also take up the most space.

So the best is DLP but the angles can stink so for a flat pannel Plasma are the best bet?

i wouldnt touch plasma with a 10 foot poll
lcd are getting to 40 inch size
dlp are good as well
and there are lcd projection as well

a crt type technology is coming out known as sed and it has the benefits of a crt with a slim profile but it might not be out for another couple of years

basically if you want big
go dlp or lcd projection

if you want small screen
lcd

ZGOZZ said:
So the best is DLP but the angles can stink so for a flat pannel Plasma are the best bet?

The new DLP's have a far better viewing angle. My 72" Toshiba DLP can be viewed my just about any angle and as close as 3 feet away. The MX seris Toshiba's are the best rated and best priced of any DLP and they can be used as a computer monitor. It has an actual monitor port on the back and has an ethernet port to connect to your network. Gamers dream!!

Back