• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

400R fan setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tikithorsen

I was looking to get some suggestions how to optimize the airflow in my rig.

Currently I have the stock white LED fans on the front as intakes in a "push/pull" with two Cooler Master R4-S2S-12AK-GP. The stock back exhaust fan is on the bottom now as an intake.

The back exhaust fan is a Zalman ZM-F3, the top exhausts are two Cooler Master R4-S2S-12AK-GP.

My real doubt is if I should have my side panel with the fan mounts on the left or right side; on one hand, I can get more airflow on my GPU and MoBO NB (but the top fan can also interfere with my 212). On the other hand, the top right area of the side panel (where the CPU black plate and VRM are on the back of the motherboard) gets warm when I have an OC, so having some ventilation there from the mesh can't hurt.

¿How should I balance the CFM to get a good positive pressure on this case? This is really important for me to know so I can buy the proper fans for the job.

My rig is still the same as on my album with the minor difference that the middle HDD has been removed, the SSD is at the bottom and the bottom HDD is at the top now and the DVD drive was also removed.

You're worry too much, a little heat won't affect any performance of your pc components.

You may want to set up your fan like this

Attachments

• 51ypJInQ16L.jpg
    51ypJInQ16L.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 285
I forgot to mention that we are currently in one of the hottest summer in my memory, normally there is like 35/40C and I don't have A/C. That's why I'm worrying.
I appreciate your illustration, ¿but could you put my mind to easy regarding the side panel doubt, please?

Mount the 2 fan inside, to pull cool air in, also it look better, no need to mount fan in the real panel, unnecessary and make the case look ugly.
Unless the weather reach 60c or more(never happen), you should not be worry, your CPU can run at over 85c same thing with your GPU.

Back