• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

40gb Kingston SSD (Intel 34nm X25-M G2) $89.95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i thought kingstons with intel controllers had their logo on the front of the drive ?? or is that just a generic pic ?

There are actually really good drives. They're basically an X-25M with about half the write speed. They would be a perfect replacement for a laptop hard drive, which is what I would use it for. The only thing keeping me from getting it is the TRIM support (or lack thereof). Hopefully they're clearing out stock to make room for a new revision...

Typically the intel based Kingston drives are "M" series, not "V" series - but the pics don't lie and these are intel based. Just a lower end model. It's a good deal however you slice it!

Last edited:
Incredible how much the prices have come down!

Whats also incredible is all the problems solid state hard drives have... No one saw this coming with all the R&D?

Funny stuff...

However, +1 on the laptop replacement!

What problems are they having Joe?

I saw OCZ (or was it intel?) got their knuckles smacked for releasing their TRIM FW a little to early and that caused issues...The TRIM FW for my Summit was also a bit late to the game (but has GC). Im a bit confused.

Last edited:
What problems are they having Joe?

I saw OCZ (or was it intel?) got their knuckles smacked for releasing their TRIM FW a little to early and that caused issues...The TRIM FW for my Summit was also a bit late to the game (but has GC). Im a bit confused.
It was Intel that had some very serious issues with TRIM support.

Well, hopefully Joe will chime in with the problems he is apparently seeing with SSD's. The way its worded though, I dont imagine he was talking about the FW issue. Hopefully he will shine some light on his vague mention of "problems SSD drives are having".

These will make great OS drives. They are a cut down 34nm Intel X-25m drive. Kingston has said this drive will get Trim support. I am just not sold on SSD yet. my 640 WDs in raid 0 do just fine. :bday:

and their 4k randoms kill all the other drives, just dont have killer sequential writes. the drives to rock pretty good

Back