• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my current hardware support the Intel X25-M SSD G2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks.

Do you think 2 of the Kingston SSDNow V Series 40GB in a RAID0 would outperform this single one?

EDIT: What's the benefit of running this in AHCI? I read that some people have issues with it taking 20+ seconds to detect when booting. What causes that?

Last edited:
Id go with 1 G2 drive over the 2x40gb in raid. Those are the slower versions and I dont even think in RAID will they match the write performance of the G2.

Those Kingstons have slow write speeds (granted, you probably won't be doing much writing to an SSD) and don't have TRIM support as of yet (but Kingston has hinted about future firmware upgrades). That being said, I think those Intel X25-M drives are the fastest you can get so far in a single SSD (aside from the extreme series) so I would choose a single Intel over the Kingstons.

Alright thanks. And with my hardware and win7 I'll get TRIM and shouldn't have any compatibility issues?

Back