• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4400 X2 Toledo "89" watts. How is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
harlam357 said:
Hey Shell... I Google'd it. Looks like a bunch of 2x512MB kits to me (which is to be expected). I'd still like to see some proof of your magic sticks. Heck, the OPN off the label would be a start.

http://www.google.com/search?source...=GGGL,GGGL:2006-13,GGGL:en&q=1Gb+dimm+2-2-2-5
You need to improve your Google 1337ness, or google.COM is hiding this technology for military purposes. :p
http://www.kingston.com/hyperx/products/khx.asp
KHX3200ULK2/2G 2GB 400MHz DDR Non-ECC Ultra Low CL2
(Kit of 2) 2-2-2-5-1 2.7V

On another note... whoot... 2.55Ghz at 1.355v, I've been having stability issues at that specific setting for some reason... mabe because of the low voltage. :p

And don't expect those 2-2-2-5's to keep those timings going much faster without alot of volts, I just find them useful because of the fact that I can hold slightly lower timings while keeping 1:1 ratio on my overclocks.

Wait... I clicked the link you gave me and the FIRST thing I got was:
Kingston launch 1GB dimms with 2-2-2-5 timings
Kingston launch 1GB dimms with 2-2-2-5 timings ... (2-2-2-5-1) DIMM. KHX3200ULK2/2G :. 2-GB 400 MHz DDR Ultra Low Latency CL2 (2-2-2-5-1) DIMM (Kit of 2) http://www.pureoverclock.com/story.php?id=735

Shell said:
You need to improve your Google 1337ness, or google.COM is hiding this technology for military purposes. :p
http://www.kingston.com/hyperx/products/khx.asp
KHX3200ULK2/2G 2GB 400MHz DDR Non-ECC Ultra Low CL2
(Kit of 2) 2-2-2-5-1 2.7V

Since my memory (no pun intended) serves me well... I pointed those Kingston dimms out to you in our few PMs we swapped a while back (so yes, I saw them this time and before). However, I also pointed out that they're spec'd and not for sale. i.e. they don't exist. Click the BUY link next that description... opps, product not found. How bout that. Besides, that's not the OCZ "magic sticks" you claim to have anyway. If you would be so kind to share the OPN off your OCZ sticks... then I can ask someone @ OCZ. And really Shell, all I've asked for is some proof... a screen shot perhaps of your sticks doing the claimed DDR600. Is that too much of a request?

Shell said:
On another note... whoot... 2.55Ghz at 1.355v, I've been having stability issues at that specific setting for some reason... mabe because of the low voltage. :p

And don't expect those 2-2-2-5's to keep those timings going much faster without alot of volts, I just find them useful because of the fact that I can hold slightly lower timings while keeping 1:1 ratio on my overclocks.

So are you saying the "magic sticks" also do 255MHz @ 2-2-2-5? That's DDR510 @ 2-2-2-5. Wow... that's amazing! 255MHz @ 2-2-2-5 and the capability to do DDR600. Sounds like BH-5 and TCCD got together and well... you know. whoop.gif

harlam357 said:
So are you saying the "magic sticks" also do 255MHz @ 2-2-2-5? That's DDR510 @ 2-2-2-5. Wow... that's amazing! 255MHz @ 2-2-2-5 and the capability to do DDR600.
I never said that... and no they don't do 225mhz at 2-2-2-5(if you don't know this already, the 4400 has an 11x multi)... and they were never marketed to a noticeably large scale, they just had a small release as a tech demo/hobbiest's toy, but never managed to sell on a largescale due to problems with these power-gobblers. *cough2.9vatDDR600with3-3-3-8*
O-SHI... I forgot to tell you about that... and they don't have an "OPN" on them :p, hell, I've yet to rip off the stock heat spreaders to check the chips and there's no conveniently placed sticker on them that'll reveal all to the lord. :beer:
I'd honestly throw these things out if they weren't that 0.5 faster, 2 died on me and almost fried my computer, and the 2 I have alive are... screwy, I'd be shocked if these were mass-produced, it has taked me a while just to set them correctly to simply run stable, they run hot as well, I have RAMsinks stuck onto their heatspreaders and a fan over them.

I can only seem to hold 2-2-2-5 up to 212mhz with 2.85v and 2T... any more volts won't help at all, that's the wall.
Anyways, it's not like 2-2-2-5 is that magical, cheap DDR333 can get 2-2-2-4 :beer:

And a reminder to anyone who does manage to get some 1Gbx2 DDR400 2-2-2-5's... be careful... they're known to fry memory controllers because they're way out of actual specs. :mad:

||Console|| said:
/me dreams about 275 @ 2-2-2-5
DDR2's have been known to hit those timings at that speed. :p

lol you wont see ddr2 in my system any time soon unless i for go the nf4 upgrade and go to a C2D

Shell said:
I never said that... and no they don't do 225mhz at 2-2-2-5(if you don't know this already, the 4400 has an 11x multi)... and they were never marketed to a noticeably large scale, they just had a small release as a tech demo/hobbiest's toy, but never managed to sell on a largescale due to problems with these power-gobblers. *cough2.9vatDDR600with3-3-3-8*
O-SHI... I forgot to tell you about that... and they don't have an "OPN" on them.

Ok... I wasn't sure what you were saying. I must admit that I'm a 10x/9x multi freak (cause I like TCCD). Yes, I know what a 4400 is. :) My bad on the division. punchingbag.gif

Finally... I have my answer. Promo sticks (essentially). I bet those are the Micron ICs that were so popular on the Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB DDR500 (that no one seems to be running anymore). They had problems as well, but Crucial seems to have gotten closer at delivering a stable product than other manufactureres.

OPN = ordering part number thumbsup.gif

AMD Fab 51 OPN Guide (just for reference) - http://fab51.com/cpu/guide/cpu_guide-64-e.htm

All kinds of problems last night trying to clock up after solving my RAM overheating issue, so I ran memtest this morning. 100s of errors in a few minutes. I suspect the RAM is screwed but obviously I need to do some more experimentation to make sure it isn't timings (very loose), voltage (well within specs) or the memory controller (hope not). I'll swap and single stick tonight but all bets are off now on what this chip can do (as long as it isn't the mem controller).

@Merc14- what kinda clocks are you trying to get from your ram? Looks like those are the 3-4-4-8 parts correct? Those timings say UCCC to me but the OCs achieved in this review (probably handpicked dimms) are above average clocks with UCCC. They, however, used 2.9v. So going up on the volts doesn't seem to be an issue.

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/Corsair TwinX 2048-4000PT/

I did have some luck with my PDP PC4800 dimms last night. Running them at spec timings & speed - 2.5-4-4-8 @ 300MHz. Cpu @ 300x9 - 2.7GHz (this is my 0613BPMW). It was still running a dual Blend this morning before I left the house. I have to say... this stepping seems to scale well right off the bat. I got 2.5GHz with 1.35v. 2.6GHz with 1.4v. But it's now taking me 1.46~1.48v to achieve 2.7GHz... with 2.8GHz pretty much outta sight. I tried pushing it there but with just shy of 1.6v it still wasn't stable.

VLDT/DLT (HTT link) is very important in dual cores I came to find out. Raise both voltage on DLT(if that's called on your mobo bios) and chipset.
I say about 10% increase in voltage. Run 3x (600) and see if that helps.

Harlam-
Tried everything from 2.65v to 2.8v, 183 divider with 2T, etc. on a 246 FSB. Last night was dedicated to RAM. They may have been damaged from heat, maybe the mem controller is bad or, lord i hope not, the mobo is bad.

I haven't really inverstigated as I put the floppy in this morning, jumped in the shower and memtest had already generated 100s of errors by the time I dried off. The timing was 3/4/4/8 (have tried 3/4/4/10 too) either the 183 or 200 divider (246 FSB) and 2.7v-2.75v, all well within specs. The new cooling keeps the DIMMs very cool.

I'll put the RAM and CPU at auto and run and then RAM at 250MHZ on divider with CPU at stock, on memtest tonight. If it fails then I'll run the RAM in my wife's rig and put her's in mine. That should tell me where the failure is. I'll also test each stick individually after I determine if the board/CPU is good or not. Let's just hope that I can RMA it.

If the RAM is bad then that may be good news as it means any top end I reached before is null and void.

Last edited:
ochungry said:
VLDT/DLT (HTT link) is very important in dual cores I came to find out. Raise both voltage on DLT(if that's called on your mobo bios) and chipset.
I say about 10% increase in voltage. Run 3x (600) and see if that helps.

Agreed... I run 1.3v LDT & 1.6 or 1.7v Chipset on all my Ultra-D boards. Up from the stock 1.2v & 1.5v respectively.

@Merc14- sounds like you've got a plan. I agree... swap the dimms. That'll tell you more than any continued testing.

Also, just FYI... you might want to take that link out of your sig. The sig police will hunt you down for it. :D Outside links are not allowed here unfortunately.

I've got my LDT/chipset voltages at stock, didn't seem to make any difference with regards to stability but I'm running the htt multi at 3x.

After over a week of dual folding with some periodic shutdowns here and there it looks like the cpu load temp has stabilized around the mid-40s. That's about what I was expecting out of air cooling. I swear it runs a couple of degrees warmer when its crunching ribos but I've been too lazy to document it.

2.9ghz prime2x stable should be possible with 1.5vcore. It was 2xSuperPi stable at 2.9ghz with 1.46v, although it crashed prime almost immediately. It's just about time to revisit 2.9ghz again.

Yea 2xSPI doesn't really seem to test stability, IMHO. Good luck w/ 2.9ghz. I must have got really lucky w/ my chip...I'm suprised not to see more 2.9ghz in here.....

I had one bad stick of RAM. Am working on the RMA now. My bad for not running memtest when I got the stuff. Lesson learned. The good news is I have no idea what this chip is capable of but I now have high hopes. Gotta say thanks to ochungry again for recalibrating my head. Should know better by now.

Edit: I actually did run memtest when I received this stuff. Found the notes. So the RAM must have gone bad over the last 6 months. Still awaiting an RMA number from Corsair but it doesn't look like I'll have the new RAM till late next week. I may run my wife's XMS 3200 in this rig and some cheapo stuff in hers till the Corsair comes back.

Last edited:
2x32M SPI doesn't mean total stability... but it's a good first indicator. I just ran 2xSP2004 Blend (400mb per instance) after achieving 2x32M SPI. I don't run Prime until I've tinker'd with SPI for a while... usually after drilling through all the timings over and over I figure out what works and my Prime run is more of a formality than a stability test.

Here's my "final" (at least for a while) clock on my 0613BPMW. My F@H ppd has been missing this cpu for a couple days. My Patriot TCCD finally started acting right... it's called voltage, or lack there of. :D Interestingly enough... I used to run these dimms in my sig rig @ 300MHz 2.5-4-3-7 ~2.7v. Now I'm approaching 2.9v for essentially the same clock. Strange how the dimms have become more power hungry over time.

0613_300x9_P95_BLEND_1.jpg

Back