• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4790k ek supremecy evo hot temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pr0jectm

Registered
For some reason i have high temps on my 4790k and a custom loop, i can verify these temps are no good, because switching it out for my h100i i have idle temps of 32c and on my custom loop i have idle temp of 37c,

Hardware
Z97 oc formula
16gig ddr3 2400oc xmp profile 1
Xspc bayres with built in pump
Koolanc hx360 rad with corsair 3x af120
3 delta fans 5v mode (lots of air flow)
Xspc medium size cylindrical res 300 or 400ml
Ek compression fittings.. biggest hoses i think 3/4id

So basically im using default uefi bios setting and i will be adjusting the voltages but first i want to rule out hardware configuartion issues first..

Concerns

*Flow rate (is the flow from the pump good enough.. i can visually see the liquid moving im using aurora mayhem fluid) shouldnt be an issue of volume as this loop has a liter of fluid in it.

*cpu cooling block orientation, running the,inlet and outlet in a horizontal configuration atm, before i was running it vertically. How does this affect the unit. Will experiment with the jet plate and insert arrangement.

*fans.. i realized the af120 are case fanst and not optimal for static pressure applications. Want to setupt push pull, does using different rpm fans hurt my push pull..

Basically there are too many variables and i want to narrow it down so i can address,these temps.. accepting all feedback.

Back