• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4790k OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bladezlash

Registered
my 4790k is currently running at 4.8Ghz with a vcore of 1.27v

The cpu is delidded and metal TIM applied.

I have run P95 and Aida64 for atleast 2 hours a piece and I cant get the temps to go above 75c.

Where can I find my actual realtime vcore,
core temp gives me VID 1.27v but hwmonitor shows me CPU VCORE at 1.284v, however VID reads 1.27v.

Max VCORE Seems to be 1.296v. I really dont want to run more than 1.3v at any point since that will cause degradation, atleast that's what the majority seems to agree on.

I have not encountered a blue screen yet, however the pc rebooted with the vcore set to 1.268v after about 15 min run in Aida64.

I am not running the vcore in adaptive or offset mode

Is there anything more I can do as far as making sure the system is stable or lowering voltages?

Should I try for 4.9Ghz?

Last edited:
4.9 will get you very little over 4.8.
you're all good where you are, so just stand pat and grin.
don't bother changing the cache, it will net you "0" gains.
you will not encounter the loads like you have tested with under gaming or normal use so your temps should never reach this high so you could push higher if you wish, just use intel xtu for the load. it's more like gaming loads than what you have test with so far. (if you are rendering or something, all bets are off)
good chip, congrats.

The only stress test that seems to just close on me now is P95, the system doesnt lock up or blue screen, P95 just closes.

Aida64 runs just fine though. intel xtu that is the intel burn test right?

Still max temp is between 70 - 75c

Vcore, and keep that thing under 90C and voltage under 1.35-1.4V... it will likely live until its useful life is over. Go for 5 GHz......

....you did just ask at Overclockers.com. :p

No idea why it closes. It freezes or throws an error. What stress test in P95 are you running? Small FFT? Blend?

I am running small FFT's.
Kind of a random question, but does disabling the Intel integrated graphics have any effect(good or bad)?
I tried disabling it and windows started acting really weird and locking up.

Yeah I do, I think whatever it was I just fixed it. I just got the chip stable at 4.9 with a vcore of 1.295v, however hwmonitor says 1.308v vcore and max 1.32v.
So I guess that wont really be a viable 24/7 config.

Temps are still under 80 c though.

And a woping 990 in cinebench.

I prefer to stay under 1.3v.

But you are right.

I managed to hit 5Ghz
Vcore 1.385v
hwmonitor max vcore 1.413v

Atleast I know it can do it, but probably running like that for 2 days and it won't work anymore;)

I wouldn't run it over 1.4V daily... but your estimates of death are woefully off even at 1.385V. :)

Enjoy your rig. :)

had no plans of running anything above 1.3v, I settled on 4.7 @ 1.26v. max vcore during p95, occt, aida etc. 1.284v.

Set an AVX offset in bios and P95 won't BSOD anymore. Try an offset of 2x.

my 4790k is currently running at 4.8Ghz with a vcore of 1.27v

The cpu is delidded and metal TIM applied.

I have run P95 and Aida64 for atleast 2 hours a piece and I cant get the temps to go above 75c.

Where can I find my actual realtime vcore,
core temp gives me VID 1.27v but hwmonitor shows me CPU VCORE at 1.284v, however VID reads 1.27v.

Max VCORE Seems to be 1.296v. I really dont want to run more than 1.3v at any point since that will cause degradation, atleast that's what the majority seems to agree on.

I have not encountered a blue screen yet, however the pc rebooted with the vcore set to 1.268v after about 15 min run in Aida64.

I am not running the vcore in adaptive or offset mode

Is there anything more I can do as far as making sure the system is stable or lowering voltages?

Should I try for 4.9Ghz?

Wow, bladezlash you are one lucky man. You one the CPU lottery that's for sure.

Last edited:
Back