• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 4K TV and New Manufacturer PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like a really good system, hope it works well for them! The only thing I would change would be to swap the HDD with an SSD. The extra boot speed and responsiveness would surely be noticed on reboots and such. You can get a 250GB SSD for around $50-60 which if they don't need to store things on it (which it doesn't look like it--?) that would be more than enough space.

I didn't chose SSD, cause they aren't using that PC every single day.

And you know there are recent problems regarding to SSD.

What problems?

Either way, you know their usage better than any of us. I'd still say that if money wasn't an object, I can't imagine you are spending more for the SSD than that 500GB 7200 drive, or at least not in any significant manner. But it's your parents build, you do what you want, I can only make suggestions.

Last edited:
What problems?

Either way, you know their usage better than any of us. I'd still say that if money wasn't an object, I can't imagine you are spending more for the SSD than that 500GB 7200 drive, or at least not in any significant manner. But it's your parents build, you do what you want, I can only make suggestions.

They aren't my parents.

They are parents of my best friend.

In all honesty, if they aren't your parents I would just get them a pre-built machine. Unless you want to be on the hook for all warranty and tech support calls if something goes wrong. Even for parents it can be a difficult recommendation unless it would also be your computer and/or you lived at home.

Take that as advice as someone who had done it for a long-term girlfriend at the time and for a couple neighbors and friends. The only friends I'd do it for is if they were roommates and I was available in the house anyway.

Back