• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

500 Man LAN in New England Area

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slayer2003

LPANE is pleased to announce that registration for the Nor'Easter 2006 event is now open. The 500-person event will take place from Saturday, April 29th to Sunday, April 30th at the Shriner's Auditorium in Wilmington, MA. Last year's event drew in 350 gamers, and having learned from the experience, this year's party will be even better!

Gamers who register and pay prior to January 31st will receive an early-bird price of $30. From February 1st to April 22nd, the prepay price goes up to $40. After April 22nd, if seats are still available, the door price is $50. Not only does prepaying save you up to $20, you will also be entered into an exclusive raffle.

We will be hosting tournaments in Battlefield 2, Counter Strike: Source, and Unreal Tournament 2004. More details about these tournaments will be available soon.

Visit us at http://noreaster.lpane.net

2005 video (50MB)
Hot Hardware review
Toms Hardware review

well seeing as how this was posted after january :D

i'll consider it, but i don't know if my dad would let me go alone

Maybe I should come, i'm only 60 miles away... do I bring my own system? it weighs alot.

This would be ideal for someone looking to just game. I like to stop and chat every hour or two, go the market/order in some grub, etc.

Should note that I haven't considered myself a 'gamer' for quite a few years. LAN parties are exactly that for me, a party (ie - social event).

Event time is drawing closer!!

This is a LAN, persay, but we will have events and activities planned throughout the day to have things for people to do. For example, last year, there was a race around the building that involved almost 100 people, for some rather nice hardware.

There was also a contest to see who had the oldest crappyiest rig there, and the winner was awarded a VERY nice new system.

Also included, was a case smashing event, which involved a bunch of ugly-arse cases, a 10-lbs. sledgehammer, and some very weak gamers(lol!!). Destruction ensued.

These things can be seen in the video I posted up top.

There was also a retro gaming area, where RedBull had setup a few older console systems on rather nice bigscreen tv's. I believe there was an NES, a SEGA Genisis, and a SNES.

There will also be accomodations at a local hotel(we will get a rather nice discount, and multiple people to a room if you wish.) for sleeping, or you can crash in "The Quiet Room", a room basically roped off, away from the noise, to get a mild recharge. Or, do like I did, just kinda fall asleep at the keyboard. :santa:

If you are thinking it is too far of a travel, we had people from Seattle Washington at the first event, and I think there was a group of 6 from Arizona.

As far as the whole "my case is too heavy" thing, they will have carts, 2-wheelers, and moving sliders to help you move your equipment safely and make it very easy for you. One guy brought a UFO2 box...i sat next to em, very nice box btw. :D

Comeone guys! I KNOW there's more people on these forums from New England wit nothing better to do on these dates!!!! Lol. :)

Back