• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5760x1080 ultra settings gpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RyanCouch

This thread is full of lack of sense from when I was a bit more "immature" so please ignore this

Last edited:
What kind of games do you plan on playing at that resolution? Just so you know some games have little to no support for that resolution and its more hassle than its worth. As far as single PCB graphics cards go GTX690, GTX Titan, GTX 780 or Radeon 7990 should handle that resolution anything lower and you may need two cards depending on the games your playing.

Well, crossfirex still exhibits microstutter for some on multi monitors...so you may want to hold off on tbat or at least be prepared for that problem, if you can see it, and until its fixed.

so earthdog what would you recommend gtx690...wait for the 790. dual 770/780's. will i get the stutter on the 7990 with it being on the same pcb. im new the new gen. of graphics cards so im not sure whats best right now

so earthdog what would you recommend gtx690...wait for the 790. dual 770/780's. will i get the stutter on the 7990 with it being on the same pcb. im new the new gen. of graphics cards so im not sure whats best right now

Do not buy the 690. It it only a 2 gig card.

Do not buy the 690. It it only a 2 gig card.
At that resolution, don't look at cards with less than 3GB per gpu.

Anything faster than a pair of 680's can shred most any game at 5760x1080 but you'll likely need 3 single-gpu cards or 2 dual-gpu ones to really deliver the butter with ultimate settings for the types of games you play.

ok so ive settled on 2 7990's or 3 780's
i wanted to get on pcb in there. but screw it go big or go home i guess

ok ill go for the 3x780's time fore a new psu and start saving pennies haha. seasonic 1250w here i come haha

If they'll release in a month, I'd also wait to see. At minimum, we may see a little price drop on the 780.

oh dont worry i have atleast a month if not more before i get that much cash. we will see what comes out.

Back