• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6 GB RAM negatively impacting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you hosting at the site? I cant see the pictures... still waiting on CPUz screenshots (unless that is what you just posted)

Make sure you are in GO ADVANCED and...: OCFinsertimages.png

3-3_zps68b6d7df.jpg
[/IMG]

Well the RAM are currently set to 8-8-8-24.

Maybe I should loosen them a bit?

Would that then be 9-9-9-24?

Voltage is set 1.65 as per manufacturer advisory.

What speed is the ram at? If you are not at 1:1 ratio (FSB:RAM), you can lower that without changing the timings, but, then again, Im running blind here...and should probably not respond. LOL!

Try setting it to 9-9-9-27, increasing DRAM voltage to 1.6.

Also try bumping up your CPU VTT voltage a bit. Your vCore should be enough for a near 4GHz OC.

What speed is the ram at? If you are not at 1:1 ratio (FSB:RAM), you can lower that without changing the timings, but, then again, Im running blind here...and should probably not respond. LOL!

RAM speed set to auto 1:1, I was finding that pushing RAM caused hard locks. Its rated to 1600 though.

CPU @ 1.300, VTT @ +250 o/c @ 170 FSB 3390 MHz .. 27% o/c HARLOCKS UNDER LOAD

Loosening the RAM timings to 9-9-9-27 as suggested seems to have helped with lower o/c though, stable @150 FSB but thats only a 12% o/c.

(1) On the EVGA x58 though I am guessing that no higher than the current VTT +250 is advisable?
(2) What would be a valid looser RAM timing than 9-9-9-27? DRAM v already maxed @1.650, ratio set to auto.

Thanks again BTW.

4-1_zps5b7e53b9.jpg

Last edited:
So what's the collective wisdom on loosening memory timings more than 9-9-9-27? 10-10-10-27? What would the numbers be?

Your CPU can do it...right now you have very slow RAM that's bottlenecking your overclock.

Don't set the ratio at auto...you need to drop the DRAM ratio to force your RAM to a slower speed.

Don't set the ratio at auto...you need to drop the DRAM ratio to force your RAM to a slower speed.

That was good advice Knufire: by taking RAM off auto and forcing 2:6 ratio, I have now hit 190 stable (3890 MHz).
51'C under load, most happy with that.

Will advise as I push it.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
One last tip. If you reenable Intel Turbo Mode (but NOT Speedstep) in the BIOS, I think you can set the "Turbo" multiplier to all cores to x21, then go into power settings in Windows and force CPU to always be at 100% speed.

Capture.PNG

Back