• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800GT all F'ed up...I think.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I will. I refuse not to run my games at full res and most all full settings... So if I can get that with a decent stable FPS I will be happy and will not even mess with it.

I would like to find someone that would trade me RAM so I could OC the chip...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150166 is what I have.. But the timings screw me up.. And that why I bought this board.. Is so I could tune this thing.

ehhh i dunno the 7600gs @ stock is only very slightly better than a 6600gt
@ stock.... and a 6800gt is quite a bit above a 6600gt. u may or may not be satasfied... although if you can unlock it to 7600gt specs ( i have a PCIE 7600gt in my HTPC) you are gonna be looking at a decent ammount above a 6800gt.

That0neguy said:
W0ot, team Losi for life.

How would I go about unlocking it?

hells ya Teamlosi rc cars are the ****... i have a XXX bk with a mamba max 5700kv THE THING HAULS SO MUCH ***!

to unlock you would need to download the latest version of rivatuner, start it up then:

Click on the target adapter section customize button

Then nvstrap tab

click install at the bottom of the page

then in graphics processer configuration section check the allow enableling of masked hardware units. then click yes on the popup that comes up

then on the drop down list in the same section select custom, then click the customized button.

A list of stuff should come up, look in the STATE collum, if there are any labeled DISABLED, click on the left side where the other checkmarks are to activate it, try it ONE AT A TIME, theres mabey 2 -3 that are disabled. you will kno they are unlocked if you reboot and start up riva tuner and in the target adapter secion where it labels the specs if the number for pixel pipelines and or vertex shaders has changed.

nd4spdbh2 said:
hells ya Teamlosi rc cars are the ****... i have a XXX bk with a mamba max 5700kv THE THING HAULS SO MUCH ***!

to unlock you would need to download the latest version of rivatuner, start it up then:

Click on the target adapter section customize button

Then nvstrap tab

click install at the bottom of the page

then in graphics processer configuration section check the allow enableling of masked hardware units. then click yes on the popup that comes up

then on the drop down list in the same section select custom, then click the customized button.

A list of stuff should come up, look in the STATE collum, if there are any labeled DISABLED, click on the left side where the other checkmarks are to activate it, try it ONE AT A TIME, theres mabey 2 -3 that are disabled. you will kno they are unlocked if you reboot and start up riva tuner and in the target adapter secion where it labels the specs if the number for pixel pipelines and or vertex shaders has changed.

Ok sweet, thanks. Doesn't look to hard. Now when i'm going thew and unlocking these things.... Will I encounter problems? If so would I just go back and disable it again? Now what am I going for here? Just unlocking it to 16 pixles? Ive been looking into it. And personly I think my old GT would kill this...So I going to squeeze every bit out of it.
:beer:

cant unlock a 7600gs to 7600gt spec. they bolth got 12 pipes. only real diff is gs has DDR2 and GT has DDR3. i may be wrong but im pretty shure.

fireandice said:
cant unlock a 7600gs to 7600gt spec. they bolth got 12 pipes. only real diff is gs has DDR2 and GT has DDR3. i may be wrong but im pretty shure.

hmm u r correct... i think its the GT that u might be able to unlock further to 16 pipes

u might get lucky and be able to unlock stuff... its always worth a try and if it doesnt work out it wont affect n e thin.

Back