• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6850k core clocks weirdness.... help me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elkido122

Registered
i am using afterburner to show all my cores clocks on all cores. i noticed in some multi core games that i play all cores are only boosting to a max or 3699 mhz and not 3800mhz. i also noticed that some of those cores fluctuate and run at 3499 instead of 3699 sometimes not all the time. what could be causing this kind of weirdness to happen. i went through my windows power settings all seem fine. any help to make all cores run up to the 3800 would be appreciated. thanks.

specs are as followed.
6850k i7
asus x99 pro usb 3.1 motherboard
corsair ddr4 2400 running xmp at 16-16-16-39 1.2volts
gtx1080ti sc black edition
960 evo 500gb

thanks guys

Give it some time...its a forum. :)

Its normal speedstep and turbo behavior to me...swotch power plan to higher performance and see if that runs it full.

Is it normal for all cores to only run at 3.5ghz when I am encoding a video on handbrake . That is what I was seeing . So I'm not sure kinda weird

Have you confirmed with a different profram kts running at 3.5? Tried resetting bios tk default... and you changed power plan to high performance, right?

Tried with a different what? It's weird cause games run at the 3.7 on all cores 98%of the time. So weird that handbrake runs at a weird Clock. Reset bios yes i did

What program are you reading your speeds with ? CPUz ?
Is speed step or C1 any other power savings features in the bios you can turn off to test ?
If you run adia64/p95/occt what are the clocks ?

I am using open hardware monitor beta. I have speedstep and c1 on it shouldn't be a problem should it ??

So are you guys saying the behavior I'm seeing is normal? I did an encode on handbrake and all cores only ran at 3.5 GHz... Kinda was weird

Back