• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6k computer tell me what you think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lt_Horn said:
personally i dont like creative's driver support. but thats just my opinion of the company...that was the only thing keeping me from it, but it is a possibility, ill look into it before i do the final purchase.

and with the physx card, this computer i designed for my roomate, and when i asked what he wanted he simply replied "i want it to be over the top" so ergo the physx card

May I recommend a Turtle Beach / Voyetra card... such as the Montego DDL (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829118109). I've always found TB to have very good driver support and the cards are also complatible with Linux (unlike Creative's newer cards). The DDL also has optical SPDIF in and out and 96KHz for the overkill factor :)

Lt_Horn said:
Most deffinately bragging rights. as to what my roomate is going to do with it...mostly surf the web and instant msg :p just kidding, its going to be a gaming rig, as well as the server for the house and for lan parties that we have. thats why its so powerful, and he does have the money to spend, so even after i expalined all of that to him a few weeks ago he still gave me the go ahead.

Woah! :eek: Then by all means GO FOR IT !! :beer: If he's willing to spend that much on a gaming server, then have fun with building it. Alot of guys here posted their choices as far as parts are concerend, so there's no need for me to add anything as they voted for the parts I would vote for.

Just be sure to post pics and post the IP addy of the server so we can join in on the fragfest too! lol

definantly as other people have suggested, drop the AMD and get quad core intel.

o yea, and drop the apogee and get the d-tek fuZion, and amazing block.

tom10167 said:
I'm pretty sure M-Audio makes better soundcards than anything Creative has ever made. Worth looking in to at least.

What are you running for monitors?

Actually no, creative owns EMU, which makes the EMU1212 which is arguably the best analog soundcard on the market.

And 6000$ is still way over the top. For 3 grand I can get everything I want. Minus the monitors ;) (2x Dell 3007FPW) :attn:

Back