• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

700 Series NB temps??!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

Hey, i've had two 770 series boards .. the gigabytes. Ma770-ds3 and ud3.. and wow.. do all 700 series Nb's run this hot.. each one i've had stays at like 78C :eek:

even with aftermarket cooling.. i guess this is safe :shrug:

well, i dont beleive it's actually running that hot.. maybe it's just a gigabyte thing on thier boards.. i can touch it without it melting my skin. must be bogus sensors on their boards i guess. cause even with my mcw nb cooler on there.. (big hunk of copper) with a fan.. the reading drops from 80 to 77.. :confused:.. all well i know with that cooler it should be alot better than stock nb cooling.. :D

I have a nForce 750i board and the max temp my NB has ever got is about 59c. That was when it was stuck in a small/cheap ATX case. If you can touch the NB then it's not running at 78c. Once things go above 65c, thats when it burns to touch them for more than a few seconds.

That's kinda what i was thinking.. with the stock nb cooler and no fan it was QUITE warm to the touch.. but not unbearable by any means. but with that hunkin chunk of copper i got on there now just makes me feel a lil better.. it's hardly warm to the touch with a lil bity fan on it.

Back