• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

754pin AMD 64 3000 overclocking question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

venom8

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ NewCastle (2.2ghz overclock)
Asus K8N Motherboard
PNY Nvidia 6600GT 128mb DDR3 (overclocked 563mhz core clock frequency, 1.03ghz memeory clock frequency)
1 gig (2*512) ddr2 PC3200
Soundblaster X-Fi sound card
Seagate 120gb hard drive
Samsung 40gb hard drive

I am kinda new to overclocking, so I am still trying to learn all the tricks of the trade. I currently have the processor overclocked to 2.2ghz using the automatic 10% overclock setting on my motherboard. My question for the gurus here is what else I can do with stock cooling to get the processor to a safe and stable 2.4ghz, if it is even possible. Any advice is welcome, and I can provide more specs if neccessary.

i dont know about doing this on stock cooling, but you could throw your memory on the ddr333 divider and push your HTT up to 240. Also remember to lower your HTT multi down to 3X from 4X.

you'll probably need to up the cpu voltage too. Mines at 1.55 with a 2.56ghz overclock. (see sig)

Oh, and dont forget to lock your AGP bus frequency (i did this by increasing it from 66 to 67mhz.)

Back