• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7600 GT, just started bumpin up the speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawne32

I used the find optimal frequencies setting on ntune just to see what it came up with and it came up with somthin like 645/1.63 compared to my stock which was 560/1.4....so given that, i set the frequencies to 600/1.45 just to be safe. Temps seemed to stay relatively the same, not sure about the memory temps as i dont have my temp controller yet to monitor those, 2 out of the 4 memory spots on the card have copper heatsinks on them, the other two are blocked by the stock heatsink, buts that fancy evga cooler made of copper. Anyhow, these #'s dont seem to dangerous but there was one thing on my mind, on ntune it has this fan option, seen here....

ntune.gif

and i was wondering, under the automatic setting, will it raise the fan speed as the temp increases automatically, or would it just stay at 65%, because if thats the case, with the higher speeds im using i would want to bump it up to like 75% if it aint gona do it automatically.

As for temperatures, I would just bump of the fan speed to keep your card below 54ish degrees under load. Mine tops out at 52, which in my opinion is fine. If you want to do soem testing and push your card to the max, here's what I do:

"Bump the core speed up in 5mhz increments, then run 3Dmark06 continuously until you either start losing marks, or until you see artifacts. Also, keep an eye on your temperature.

Once you start losing marks, set it back to stock, and start bumping the memory up in 10mhz increments. Once that is done, put both the core and the memory clocks to the optimum you were able to run them at, and bump them down one or two notches. Run another 3DMark06, then adjust the clocks a little bit either up or down until you get the highest score you can without any artifacts. Now you should be done! Just remember to keep an eye on temperatures."

That is taken from another one of my posts in the AMD CPU section. Hope it helps!

To your cooling question: I would like to assume that it would bump fan speed automatically, but I don't know if it does or not. I would reccomend putting it on manual and try to keep the temps down as much as you can while still being able to handle the noise.

Good luck!

Back