• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

775 so umm whos game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't count on atacom, they will post that stuff on their website long before they get it in stock. They played the same game with the first Prescotts... they were the first to offer them... but newegg beat them to actually being in stock first. Atacom had me on backorder for a couple weeks... finally cancelled.

batboy said:
Don't count on atacom, they will post that stuff on their website long before they get it in stock. They played the same game with the first Prescotts... they were the first to offer them... but newegg beat them to actually being in stock first.
ty for the tip.

i dont see me buying anything lga775
1- abit and asus mobos all look incomaptible with my prommys evep head design.
2- all 915.925 would require pci video card until pci-x hits teh shelves.
3-fear of locks.
4-i can buy a 3.2E 478 and most likley oc better,even tho it lacks the voltage upgrades made in the 775 socket mobos.

i have $$$ set aside for a new chip :( might as well by a A64 and new mobo,hell i dunno.way to much uncertainy at this moment to make a decision.

Got the money set aside as well (A64), just waiting for some other choices in motherboards. I won't support Intels attempt (however succesful at this time) to keep oc'ers out.

Silver said:
Got the money set aside as well (A64), just waiting for some other choices in motherboards. I won't support Intels attempt (however succesful at this time) to keep oc'ers out.
prescott sales seem to be really bad as it is.i tend to get a mood for this while do all my DO shopping.
add to this no prefromance gains,need new mobo,new cpu,new ddr2 in many cases and new pci-x video in most cases.on a platform that isnt accepted already now is gonna be a major flop imo.

i wont be going 775 i know that.
new 478 E mabey
A64 mabey

gah...why bother upgrading right now at all deathstar? doesnt look like you have much of an upgrade to goto, especially on the intel side, and the only thing amd can offer is something different, but similiar performance.

maybe you can play with a dually ;)

funko said:
gah...why bother upgrading right now at all deathstar? doesnt look like you have much of an upgrade to goto, especially on the intel side, and the only thing amd can offer is something different, but similiar performance.

maybe you can play with a dually ;)
your right about the amd having nothing better either atm imo.
i just get ******ed at intel for the way this new line looks is all.

no i dont need no dually lol
i dont really need to upgrade anything,well except my hdd's and agp card but thats covered and coming in 2 weeks.

i do it for fun and need new toys is why.
im still in the 3.2/3.4DO hunt atm.

d]g[ts said:
Well if your still interested or not in 775 they have showed at zipzoomfly.
2.8 - 3.4 and listed in stock.

3.2 linky
good find! im rather suprised to see these out so fast.

and no i wont be buying any.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but are these chips multipler unlocked downward? Because in that vrforums post it appears the guy bumped the multipler to 14 down from the default of 18.

DanIdentity said:
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but are these chips multipler unlocked downward? Because in that vrforums post it appears the guy bumped the multipler to 14 down from the default of 18.
no hes useing an ES.
http://www.vrforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=14987

but he is saying the 10% locks dont seem to be on the abit mobo tho.
also doing a 31sec super pi which i do 34sec at 4100 also but 5:4 ram hes at 1:1 but i still beat him at bandwith on that.

the stuff looks promising to say the least.

btw hes on air :)

Last edited:
Nikhsub1, I'm having trouble finding exact specs. One of the motherboard datasheet had a diagram with specs for the motherboard mounting holes though. I enlarged that until I got an exact measurement to match on my monitor screen using a metric ruler. Then I measured the CPU heatsink bracket mounting holes and they were approximately 72mm X 72mm. The socket 478 mounting holes appear to be about 60mm X 76mm or so. While this is not entirely precise, it's close enough to say they are obviously quite different.

batboy said:
Nikhsub1, I'm having trouble finding exact specs. One of the motherboard datasheet had a diagram with specs for the motherboard mounting holes though. I enlarged that until I got an exact measurement to match on my monitor screen using a metric ruler. Then I measured the CPU heatsink bracket mounting holes and they were approximately 72mm X 72mm. The socket 478 mounting holes appear to be about 60mm X 76mm or so. While this is not entirely precise, it's close enough to say they are obviously quite different.
Well, I just emailed someone who without a doubt knows the answer so I will report back when I hear something.

whats the word on the 3.4 and 3.6??

also the ABit AS8 seems to have a AGP slot, the only 775 board I seen that does.
so anyone wanting to pair this with a decent videocard now, should take a look at this board.

Check out the new Anandtech article on the main page about the overclocking lock. It looks like Asus has found a way to bypass the lock, at least to +25%. Anand could get a max FSB of 248. Still not as good as the post in vrforums with a max FSB of 267. Do you think Abit's solution to bypassing the lock is better than Asus'?

Back