• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800 gs... no overclock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n0aH

Ok, when i overclock my card more than like 20 on the core and 80 on the mem, everythign works fine, untill i will be in the middle of playing the game and it will shutoff. By "shutoff i mean" everything on the pc is working, fans on and still powered up, but it shows the my monitor is disconnected and thatthere is basicaly no gfx card..

try running everything at stock and i mean everything. you will be able to pin point the problem also might want to try another video card if you can too. just some thoughts to help you get it fixed. GL

Ok...if my video card dies when i do this im coming to your house with a gun... :)

jk if i kill it its my problem for doing it

edit: its at 1.5 now.. im guees i should set it at 1.6?

put my voltage at 1.6, still shutsoff when i o/c. temps are...

44 idle
55 load

dosent seem to high

I have mine at 1.8, but mine is on water and OCed a lot.

The AGP VDDQ voltage just helps with stability. The GS cores are hit are miss, could be that you got one that doesn't cut it for OCing. What's the stock speeds set at?

stock speeds arent bad...im not at home no so im not sure. i think the core is 475 and the memory is 1.3

and what temps and speeds are urs at..you have a 7800gs as well?

i had this black out problem, but it was due to ram instabiliy, dispite running memtest and prime95 stable. i dorpped it 5Mhz and never looked back. I've change that ram now though

Hipcrostino said:
i had this black out problem, but it was due to ram instabiliy, dispite running memtest and prime95 stable. i dorpped it 5Mhz and never looked back. I've change that ram now though

ram is not the problem..its the gfx card :(

Back