• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800 GT used question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

po0ns

Registered
thinking about trading a 7800 GT for a PSP that i never use. i currently have one 7800 GT (both evga) and i was thinking of going duel vid cards, just curious the performance gain at this point would it be worth it or should i wait till my card is a little more outdated and cheaper (and cant run the newest games out)

tough call i see psp's going used for just under 200 these days.
-po0ns

hm

yeah im thinking the same thing screw that psp lol!!!!
-Andy

its

it has no dead pixels, and not sure on the firmware ect, its the newer board that didnt have problems i know that lol..
-po0ns

Personally I'd try something like selling both your PSP and your 7800GT. If you can get around $300 you'll in the area of getting a 8800GTS 640 which will out perform a 7800GT SLI I think without the SLI headaches and give you DX10 support.

Didn't they just lower the price of the PSP to 169.99 new? It might be a good deal to tradde for another 7800 GT. But I also agree with others that it may be more worth while to sell both and get a single current gen card. SLI can be a pain for the actual gains you get. I actually get a higher score in 3dmark 06 with this OCed 7900GT than I did with my SLI 7800 GTs I had before this card. And 8800GTS's, even the 320 MB, are outperforming this card by a good bit in all tests.

po0ns said:
it has no dead pixels, and not sure on the firmware ect, its the newer board that didnt have problems i know that lol..
-po0ns

I ask because it's worth more if it is homebrew capable.

Back