• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900GTO performance loss :S:S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LeAd_Poisoning

At a 700/800 (core/mem) overclock i score about 6500 in 3dMark06 but if i increase my clocks to 710/825, i get a significant performance loss on my SM2.0 score by over 500 points. i doubt my graphics card is flicking between 2d and 3d clocks because of high temps under heavy load as i only load at 66, is this normal load for a 7900GTO? According to the forceware panel, i only just cross into the yellow warning temp area by a degree or so. My old 6800GT always ran flawlessly into the low 70's in the high yellow region with no issues

It's because the core gets too hot and lowers the core speeds probably during the forest test to the low power 3d clocks.

dan

i idle at 45 degrees but this climbs to 48 when my cpu is under full load, so games run at about 66 degrees or so under full gfx/cpu load. What are your temps?

where was it in rivatuner where i can actively record the running clocks during load, so i can see if and when they drop to 2d and from the nvidia panel and a cross comparison, at what temps they do it?

Mine loads @ around 49°, my case is open and well ventilated though.

On Rivatuner, on the adapter tab, go to hardware monitoring.

dan

try making the fan run a bit faster. I have it at 60% and temps go down by quite a lot, considering its only going 11% faster. You can get it to about 65% without hearing it.

Back