• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7nnxp/easytune over clock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
right i got

11x 203 = 2239mhz
55c load toast high priority 11mins

so gonna try 1.5 pus my mobo recognizes my cpu as amd athlon 3200xp is this normal ??

thanks

i seem to hit a dead line with my overclock i bumped up multi to 11.5x 203 =2336mhz i think around that it would boot no prob

then into windows started toast in 3 seconds i got blue screen driver_irq_les or summat like that

any ideas what to do now??

thanks

passion stomper,

Is it your intention to push your system to the bleeding edege?

If so then you have to keep manipulating the voltage, fsb and multiplyer untill it is obvious that youre not gonna remain stable.

General rule with nforce2 boards and gigabytes philophsy on overclocking is to lower multiplyer and raise fsb.

Personally I would let the system settle in or burn in at the most stable speed for abit and then proceed from there.

My xp1700 has been at 11x200 1.85v for a couple of months now, and soon I will attempt to gradually raise the fsb.

1gb ddr 400 saitek is the make (512mb x 2)
Geforce Fx 5200 ultra 128mb PNY
Gigabyte 7NNXP bios rev. f14 preacher
Volcano Xaser 11 with ducting mod using OCZ ultra 2 paste
2 case fans
1 x maxtor 160gb 8mb cache
1 x maxtor 80gb 8mb cache
Q-tec 550w PSU

yes i want to go as far as i can with my cpu and with what i have got.

thanks

passion stomper
How are you going??
Personally I have found a burn in period to be of little use with the new AMD's and have found that the max OC I get on day one just cant be beaten. I know the older CPU's responded well to a burn in.
One thing that I have found to respond still is the DDR, I had some 2700 TwinMos that could only get around 190FSB but after a while I got it to over 200FSB.
Hood

im just stuck now i resat my hsf aswell and now using mulit 11x 203fsb i get 45c idle and 49c load i ran toast for 2hours and all ok im running prime 95 have been for few hours

but i tried rasing fsb i cant without instabilitie i cant raise multi unstable im stuck now at athlon 3200+xp rating which i guess isnt bad better than normal 2800+xp

i think its my memory thats holding me back i cant go over 203 fsb come on this ddr 400 memory and i only get 203 on = 0.2volts !! now i know thats crap so i asume crap memory need to upgrade

what you think?

Could be th e DDR thats holding you back, but also your CPU may go further if you increase the VCore. Keep an eye on the temps though as they will jump rapidly with a VCore increase.
Hood

right

i have been thinking i have ddr400 in my pc and shouldnt it reach over 406 mhz with the 0.2v increas ?

do you think psu ?

How high did you get your FSB stable when using a lower multi? If you got higher then it shows that your DDR is OK on a higher bus. I think your CPU could be needing some VCore to get you further. If you do increase the VCore just make sure your temps stay reasonable.
Now PSU, well I have recently bought a Q-Tec 550W for a system I built and it seemed reasonable considering the price. It was about half the weight of my Antec so its not that great but should be OK if you dont have a lot of hardware. What are your voltages showing, and if you have a multi meter what are the 12v and 5v showing.
Hood

right

here we go

i got my fsb to 237fsb but wasnt stable loaded windows but i think in the end it was 223 fsb on multi 9x

my volts

vcore 1.710 but thats running it as a 3200+xp 203x11=2239mhz

but i had it up to 1.808 on load but wasnt that stable at 237 fsb x 9 multi = about 2133mhz

load was 44c i think!!!

sorry got side tracked.... +3.3v = +3.360v
+5v = +5.050v
+12v = +11.850v

right

here we go

i got my fsb to 237fsb but wasnt stable loaded windows but i think in the end it was 223 fsb on multi 9x

my volts

vcore 1.710 but thats running it as a 3200+xp 203x11=2239mhz

but i had it up to 1.808 on load but wasnt that stable at 237 fsb x 9 multi = about 2133mhz

load was 44c i think!!!

sorry got side tracked.... +3.3v = +3.360v
+5v = +5.050v
+12v = +11.850v

well hows that ??

thanks for your help

passion stomper

passion stomper
Your voltages look OK so dont think the PSU is anything to worry about.
Youve got 223 stable I think , if so then your DDR is not the problem.
Either its your CPU doesnt like a high FSB, you need more VCore yet or the mobo.
Do you have the dual power daughter board in? if so try with it out, have seen some people getting better OC's without it.
Hood

Back