• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8.1 x64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MongGrel

It actually looks like a very cool fast OS, but definitely takes some getting used too.

I'm still trying things out and getting ready to set up a HTPC on the weekend that will be pretty high end for one of those things, but even trying to wade into 8.1 the first day it can do some pretty impressive things from what I've seen so far.

Just need to get used to it appears, and get things situated on the main again, but pretty impressive what it can do with multimedia.

It's pretty slick IMHO, much playing with things in the future and I was scoffing at it myself when 8 came out but, WOW.

Most people really have no reason not to go with Windows 8. If you like it out of the box - great. If you don't, then just turn Win8 GUI back to Win7 GUI with this http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/ and it's like reinstalling Win7 but still using Win8 where things feel snappier for most people.

Yep all ready did the classic shell, but thanks for recommending it :)

Changed signature after you posted that to reflect it.

:thup:

Back