• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[email protected] OC i need your help ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rakesh27

Guys,

recently upgraded my rig with 8350, mem and 7990.. i wanted to see so i started to oc, i have a corsair H60 i think on CPU.. heres my settings

CPU clk ratio - x25
NB - 2600
HTT - 2600
MEM clk ratio - x8.00
DDR3 Speed - 1600Mhz DC Ganged 1T
DDR3 Timings - 10, 11, 11, 29T
DDR Volts - v1.52ish
HT Volts - v1.195
CPU Volts - v1.47 to v1.49
CPU temp idle - 42c to 45c
SYS temp idle - 36c to 38c

Funny thing is my temps are quite reasonable i think, i could be wrong with my OC, thats why im here to get some advise, also i own a Gigabyte 990FX - UD7 on Win7 Ultimate X64....

I am a ameture OC... Thanks

Thanks i printed out that guide a couple of days ago. I was just wondering am i ok like this with my overclock ?

Thread title >> [email protected] OC i need your help ?

CPU clk ratio - x25 = 5.0Ghz not 4.8Ghz.

You say you need help but you don't say what is problematic. If the settings you are using are Prime 95 Blend mode stable for 2 hours, then I don't see anything wrong with your settings. You need to find the cpu speed that is P95 Blend mode stable for a couple of hours and work up from there since anything not P95 Blend mode stable is not really stable at all.

Won't those temps go kinda high when he puts load on it, as he's already at 45c idle..?
Also, I can only do 1.43v on my fx6300 with a h70. So 1.49v on a fx8350 with a h60 seems a bit rough to me...

Won't those temps go kinda high when he puts load on it, as he's already at 45c idle..?
Also, I can only do 1.43v on my fx6300 with a h70. So 1.49v on a fx8350 with a h60 seems a bit rough to me...

I would imagine you are correct. But he comes in asking about doing 4.8Ghz and showing settings for 5.0Ghz and no mention of any previous stable clocks; nor make any mention of what is wrong or whatever. So me I don't know.

Ye, just thought I should point out that popping off P95 with his current settings might not go very well for him.

Yes, I keep HWMonitor open on desktop to actually see what the temps are doing during P95 Blend testing.
RGone...

So do I. Just wanted to make it obvious to him in case he don't.
But I'm a beginner myself anyways. Just threw in my thoughts about it...

that clock is kinda fast for a weak h60. temps are kinda high to.... even at 50% load your core temps probs shoot up to 60c. i say bring it down to 4.6ghz and call it a night!

@45c idle that thing will heat up like a toaster once you put a load on it, as stated earlier you MUST test the oc with prime95 to ensure stability, but I would almost guarantee that that oc will heat up too much to be stable if its idle temp is 45c when 55c is the max you want to go to once overclocked

Thanks i printed out that guide a couple of days ago. I was just wondering am i ok like this with my overclock ?

no you are not ok with this overclock. way to hot and aggressive. you want to have 24/7 4.8ghz get a good custom liquid cooling loop. h60 just aint gonna cut it. you are burning up your chip. :mad:

Well we don't know for sure he is burning up his chip. We don't know if he is Prime95 Blend mode stable at 'any' speed since we don't see the 3 captures of CPUz and HWMonitor that was open during the process of any stable P95 Blend mode run. We don't know if he even has an issue since none was mentioned in his first and second post. We are writing and posting but the OP has said nothing definitive. Waste of time I am thinking overall. Over and out.
RGone...

Well we don't know for sure he is burning up his chip. We don't know if he is Prime95 Blend mode stable at 'any' speed since we don't see the 3 captures of CPUz and HWMonitor that was open during the process of any stable P95 Blend mode run. We don't know if he even has an issue since none was mentioned in his first and second post. We are writing and posting but the OP has said nothing definitive. Waste of time I am thinking overall. Over and out.
RGone...

lol you are probably right.

RGone...

I agree with this. I do want to interject with the fact a 100% stable OC with NB set at 2.6GHz on an 8350 isn't very likely, especially at 4.8 (Or 5.0?)

To each their own. OP, come back!

Back