• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8600GTS sighted for $208

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Douken

And the Games Begins

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150228

GA-86_256M_LG.gif

[EDIT]

The link didn't work anymore cause the item got remove, changed or out of stock. Also notice that newegg put their 8600's way later (+12 hours after this post) so the original link of the image above was probably the first thing out there on the net.

*I change it to a newegg counterpart*

Also changed the image direct link in case they remove it later, original image here

Original Link here

Last edited:
Tom's Hardware

EDIT: At close to double the performance and only 1/3 more expensive, the 320mb 8800GTS looks to be the way to go for cheaper cards.
Dan

Last edited:
Also in stock at Ncix.

As some people expected, prices of 8800GTX/S cards have not dropped.

Price:performance wise, it does look like the 8800GTS 320mb is still the way to go. This is; however, an excellent card for the price. I paid the same for my 7600GT back in September :beer:

Douken said:
And the Games Begins

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=GA...64ab29f77d345a3659314dac4f18efec67deb8ea19004

GA-86_256M_LG.GIF

That card isn't showing up anymore. They have the EVGA for the same price.

Also the 8600GT is going for 158 dollars!!!

Sweet JEEBUS!

I might get two 8600GTSes and run them in SLI. (nah... I'll just get a GTX at some point.)

ATI is in EXTREMELY bad trouble right now... There's two different DIVISIONS of competition.

i was hoping for a little more performance :( looks like i'm getting a 8800gts in the near future.

David_N said:
Also in stock at Ncix.

As some people expected, prices of 8800GTX/S cards have not dropped.

I'm hoping to see a price drop when the 8800 Ultra comes out. If not, then there should be one in June if the 8900's launch on time.
Dan

Fr3@k3r said:
$199 for the 8600GTS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130084

altho its really only good for DX10 Low end gaming...

I would still recommend a 7900GS, X1950 Pro over anything lower than a 8800GTS 320mb

No way. You can't recommend Shader Model 3.0 and DX9 over 4.0 and DX10.

There's a difference between being a few frames slower on a game and not being able to play that game at all.

No dx10 means no Crysis in all of its glory even if it's slightly slower in todays games it will at least give him dx 10 support in a few months!

rainless said:
No way. You can't recommend Shader Model 3.0 and DX9 over 4.0 and DX10.

There's a difference between being a few frames slower on a game and not being able to play that game at all.

Wow, you think the next DX10 titles won't support DX9?

Give me a break, even the most recent/decent DX9 titles still support DX8.

Once we start seeing DX10 only games... the 8600gts will most likely be too slow to run them.

And we still don't even have an idea how it will stack up against the first DX10 titles, take Nvidia's first DX9 cards, the GeForce 5's, and their remarkable DX9 performance for example.

Honestly, I'm find the 8600gts really disappointing. Great benchmark performance and all, but in games, it can barely keep up with the 7900gs. I was expecting it to match the 7950gt. Not to mention the fact that it's not even cheaper than the 7900gs.

dan

Last edited:
Back