• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 13Mar20: 3 bil, 10 mil, 1 mil COVID. Dang.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Holdolin just earned 3 BILLION ya’all! Please reach out and congratulate him. We also have teammates earning their first 10 million and 1 million. Please read on and give them some pep, or love, or what ever you give to show your approval. We need your approval. For the love of god (lower case “g”), please give us your approval.

COVID-19 (A.K.A. the corona virus) has been in the news a lot. In fact, it is the news. I don’t think that anything else is happening except the virus. Slight joking aside, follow the guidelines about the virus and above all, wash your hands.

HayesK has a great thread about the virus as it relates to what we do. Check it out here: https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/796247-Folding-home-News-2019-CORONAVIRUS

Team Conquest/Threat List
[oldtable] LinusTechTips |6.1 months | down from 9.7 months. [/table]
The Linus team is still pulling strong. They are trending up at a fair pace and are in the midst of a sharp upward trend. The science is good so we think they’re great. Good job LunusTechTips. Hopefully we’re making them earn the spot when the overtake us.

We are not gaining on our friends at Hardware.no but their trend is slightly upward nearing flat. Our trend line, however, is trending down with a slight bump up which could produce a flat trend line if we keep it up.

All other teams are still below us in ppd so we’ll be able to hold the #6 spot once LTT overtakes us.

Active folders and ranking:
[oldtable]|Active Folders|Ranking|Ave PPD
This week |86 |34th |1.42 million.
Last week |68 | 28th | 1.71 million.
2 weeks ago | 66 | 22nd | 2.06 million.
3 weeks ago | 66 | 22nd | 2.09 million.
4 weeks ago | 75 | 29th | 1.80 million.
5 weeks ago | 77 | 22nd | 1.75 million.
6 weeks ago |96 | 17th |1.45 million.
7 weeks ago | 126 | 9th | 1.10 million.
8 weeks ago |70 | | 2.11 million. [/table]
Hmmmm….. There is a lot of good news in these numbers. We have the highest number of active members that I can recall that is not a glitch. 86 active. That’s really good. However, we are # 34 for all teams with the number of active folders which is the lowest I can ever recall. The good news is that not only have we gained new folders, but so too has every other team out there. This is actually very good news. Hopefully our combined efforts to folding will produce some great science in this immediate pandemic and future studies.

I thank everyone who has joined the team and appreciate the numbers that you put forth. It should probably be noted again. The goal of folding is not to earn points and beat other teams. The points are a short hand measure for how much science is being done. While we like to earn more points and beat other teams, the science is what keeps us here. The points just make it fun.

Top 20 PPD:
[oldtable]1| HayesK | 28.00 million.
2| Holdolin | 11.37 million.
3| Macaholic | 9.90 million.
4| WhitehawkEQ | 9.60 million.
5| P4EE | 7.90 million.
6| torin3 | 6.98 million.
7| JrClocker | 5.49 million.
8| squads | 5.19 million.
9| dfonda | 4.80 million.
10| aviationfrk | 3.10 million.
11| orion456 | 2.63 million.
12| superducky | 2.51 million.
13| don256us | 1.98 million.
14| belorsch | 1.92 million.
15| zspaldin | 1.73 million.
16| modd | 1.69 million.
17| TC | 1.49 million.
18| JLK03F150 | 1.46 million.
19| ottoaxel | 1.37 million.
20| rpkole | 1.13 million. [/table]
WhitehawkEQ has put his direct competition on notice, as he will be adding a 2080 Super to his farm. It will be nice to see his points jump. Holdolin has returned too, which is a great thing for the team. Welcome back.

Individual Milestones:
(Note: The word “earned” acknowledges the hard work done to earn these points at all levels of production.)

[oldtable] Holdolin just earned | 3 billion! | WOOT!
squads will earn | his first billion in 3.3 days.|
JLK03F150 will earn | 600 million in 5.2 days.|
zspaldin will earn | 400 million in 3 days. |
slorch just earned | 70 million. |
zero-liMit just earned | 20 million.
Woomack just earned | his first 10 million! | WOOT!
Gnerma just earned | 8 million and will earn | 9 million in 3.5 days.
StephenB just earned | his first 1 million. | WOOT![/table]

Team Top 100 or (Page 1):

Moving up 3 spots each:
modd @ #81
davekusa @ #83

Moving up two spots each:
zspaldin @ #47

Moving up one spot each:
aviationfrk @ #17
squads @ #21
ottoaxel @ #40
CADDI DADDI @ #86

World Top 100:
Moving up in these ranks is difficult. Great job guys.

[oldtable] Macaholic |#16|
HayesK |#22| Moving up 2 spots! |
HayesK |#33|
WhitehawkEQ |#37| Moving up 1 spot. Again! For the 3rd week in a row! |
P4EE |#58|
RoXQi3x |#77|
RamonetB |#79|
orion456 |#87| Moving up one spot. WOOT! [/table]

MVP of the week!

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

Build, Borg, Recruit. :borg: :comp:
If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong.
It’s not how much you fold but if you fold.
If you fold, then you’re my friend.
Keep your stick on the ice.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
Everything is within walking distance…. if you have the time.
SEND IT!

Please provide another cliché here.
Until next week…

1st, I did not add the new card to my farm, I swapped out a 1080 with the 2080.
2nd, I have not decided where to put the 1080 I took out.
3rd, with all the core 21's and not getting new work on some of my folders, I'm not doing all that well :mad:

To Harlam, your HFM app has stopped updating the EOC stats at the bottom of the window in HFM 0.9.6-501 in XP and HFM 0.9.10-811 in Win 10. I know the version I'm running in XP is way old but I think the Win 10 version is newest and it's not updating as well.

hfmeoc.jpg

Last edited:
What in the world are you still running that's efficient enough to justify running XP!? I've got a dual 2603v3 machine (that will get cards eventually) but I don't run it on just CPU because it turns power into heat and not points lol

What in the world are you still running that's efficient enough to justify running XP!? I've got a dual 2603v3 machine (that will get cards eventually) but I don't run it on just CPU because it turns power into heat and not points lol

I'm not folding on XP, I use it to monitor all the folders.

I know its not much but I just cranked up my production to help fight the virus.

1st, I did not add the new card to my farm, I swapped out a 1080 with the 2080.
2nd, I have not decided where to put the 1080 I took out.
3rd, with all the core 21's and not getting new work on some of my folders, I'm not doing all that well :mad:

To Harlam, your HFM app has stopped updating the EOC stats at the bottom of the window in HFM 0.9.6-501 in XP and HFM 0.9.10-811 in Win 10. I know the version I'm running in XP is way old but I think the Win 10 version is newest and it's not updating as well.

View attachment 209136

Send me your 1080 and I'll put it to good use to fight the good fight.

Back