• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800 drivers Nvidia 158.16 Xp.. Beta i think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redrumy3

ripped from guru3d

158.16 xp

ppl still didnt test it they are all downloading now lol , i cant test cause im on vista

driver1mm3.jpg

driver2ky9.jpg

Last edited:
I read through the 3 pages they had in the forums over at guru3d and everyone says they will post up reports tomorrow. I’m going to be interested to see if these drivers fix the scaling issue with “snycmaster” models from the Samsung line. I would love to be able to use my DVI cable again….

I have just installed them...so far 3DMark06 went from 8023 to 8226 with a 8800GST 640mb
To late to try any games......dam work

Wow this is crazy...

I'll be installing them shortly =o

Edit: Tested it and I was able to finally overclock my memory without the dual screen bug (pretty sure, anyway) And I ran a test and got a 55-60FPS increase in the stress test of CS:S, I'm already liking these drivers =P

Last edited:
Looks promising... I read over at xbit that nVidia has stated they originally underestimated the resources needed to properly develop Vista Drivers, so they have concentrated their efforts on that department, so I would expect the "official" release to be really nice...

I tried to install it for my 8800 GTS 640 Super Clocked and got an error - "no drivers could be found for my hardware" ???:confused:

ChinStrap said:
I read through the 3 pages they had in the forums over at guru3d and everyone says they will post up reports tomorrow. I’m going to be interested to see if these drivers fix the scaling issue with “snycmaster” models from the Samsung line. I would love to be able to use my DVI cable again….

What Samsung SyncMaster??? I have a 204b and have never scaling issues on DVI in with any nVidia XP
or Vista drivers.

Viper

ViperJohn said:
What Samsung SyncMaster??? I have a 204b and have never scaling issues on DVI in with any nVidia XP
or Vista drivers.

Viper

i have a 940bw and when i use the DVI cable the native res is 1280x1024 it will not switch to 1440x900.

my old roommate has a 931bw that has the same prob.

i know there is atleast 2 other people around these forums that have had issues with the syncmaster line as well.

i have tryed the 97.02's, 97.44's, 97.92's and 97.44's all giving me this problem with the DVI cable. when i use the VGA cable i can native @ 1440x900 but for some reason the DVI always sticks at 1280x1024.

ChinStrap said:
i have a 940bw and when i use the DVI cable the native res is 1280x1024 it will not switch to 1440x900.

i know there is atleast 2 other people around these forums that have had issues with the syncmaster line as well.

i have tryed the 97.02's, 97.44's, 97.92's and 97.44's all giving me this problem with the DVI cable. when i use the VGA cable i can native @ 1440x900 but for some reason the DVI always sticks at 1280x1024.

Are you using Single link or dual link DVI cable?

ChinStrap said:

ChinStrap did you install, or have you tried reinstalling the 940BW's, monitor driver selecting digital mode???

http://www.samsung.com/support/prod...ubtypecode=&model=940BW&filetype=DR&language=

Viper

these worked great for me after I modded the inf, 500 point increase in 05 alone and nice IQ. the official 158.19 hit today and if I know nvidia these leaked betas will be superior haha

Rattle said:
these worked great for me after I modded the inf, 500 point increase in 05 alone and nice IQ. the official 158.19 hit today and if I know nvidia these leaked betas will be superior haha

What do you mod in the inf?

Back