• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTx revision's??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't think there will be any revisions to the GTX, Nvidia came out with the Ultra instead which im sure they added some extra little things into, isn't worth the extra cost. Think nvidia is heading to its next card G92: 9800GTX & GTS Version, will come out this fall Q4 2007, these have been rumors but who knows, nvidia has made video card releases most of the time in November.

I plan on getting a 8800 card around sept 10th, which will give me up until december 10th to use the step up card that evga offers and hopefully the next gen cards will be released. :)

I wasnt talking about like, a newer version with faster clocks, thats the Ultra, but I mean updates that they dont formerly announce, like CPU's and how steppings indicate new revisions of the chips. Small changes, more reliable, etc.

I wasnt talking about like, a newer version with faster clocks, thats the Ultra, but I mean updates that they dont formerly announce, like CPU's and how steppings indicate new revisions of the chips. Small changes, more reliable, etc.

I personally haven't heard anything about them changing anything to the gtx, I wouldn't see them doing it anyway, if they got new gen cards coming out in a few months, no point for them wasting money on a revision for the 8800gtx.

I personally haven't heard anything about them changing anything to the gtx, I wouldn't see them doing it anyway, if they got new gen cards coming out in a few months, no point for them wasting money on a revision for the 8800gtx.

It might be worth waiting just a little to see what nVidia are doing with this rumored 9800 card. Come November when the new cards are rumored to be due, the 8800 series will be a year old. Thats getting a bit dated in the tech world.

If / when its released, either you can spend relatively the same amount of money and get a better card (9800) or you can buy the 8800 with pricecuts. I normally dont do the waiting game, but if nVidia are on a yearly release schedule its too damn close for a new card for me to consider dropping $600 for something that will be replaced in such short time.

At the very least, we should know more in another month's time.

Back