• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

I guess us owners of the 8800 series are out of luck for now. As far as I know, there aren't any "approved" drivers yet.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm a newb at this hwbot stuff.. You would assume that it would call for the Futuremark approval on the drivers. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Actually it doesn't. It's a grey area with hwbot and goes contrary to everything we've done here before. The problem really is FM, they are so slow to approve drivers and add new card catagories. Of course the guys who get these cards wanna bench them immediately, who can blame them. The whole concept of approved drivers by FM is a little rediculous in a certian regard considering how (some argue innacurately and unfairly) each benchmark of theirs measures performance - ie the marked difference seen between ATI & Nvidia cards.

For now I would suggest keeping to the approved driver list for all cards currently recognized by FM, if you have an 8800 I have no problem if you wanna post up a score without approved drivers. Everyone else on hwbot is doing it and I see no reason for us to be left behind.

Thanks for the update. I'll have to get around to doing it for my 8800. Asus was nice to bundle a full copy of 3DMark06 with the card.

Last edited:
El<(')>Maxi said:
No time like the present torin, this card goes a long way in helping the team rankings :)

Well, I tried, but it told me that I didn't have the current version 1.0.2, but that is the version I have. Also, how the heck to you get an account there without buying 3DMark01?

FutureMark just recently patched 05 & 06, thats why you got the version message. As far as creating an account on FM thats easy, what exactly is the problem?

What was confusing me was that I appearently misread the error message. I thought it was telling me that 1.0.2 was the most current, not just that was what my version was. 99% downloaded now. I should have something up soon.

Wow, 8270. Of course now I'm going to have to overclock this puppy. I think I will wait until I get a waterblock for it. 70°C under load is a bit warm for me. Nice waterblock will hopefully keep it a bit lower.

Yeah these cards are nice, if you have any questions about posting your scores/hwbot don't hesitate to ask. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Hmmm, OK, look for a new #1 score here on the 8800's. MUuhahahahahahahahahhaah 18k here I come! :bday:

El<(')>Maxi said:
Bring it on brother krag :D

How do i load a saved run/score? I have one that is well within 18k and I saved it in "My Documents." Can I load a saved score?

Yes you can krag, just right click anywhere in the 3DMark program window and click 'Submit Saved Result'. Don't forget to use a hwbot tag for your score(s) otherwise the bot will not be able to scan them and add you to our rankings!

krag said:
How do i load a saved run/score? I have one that is well within 18k and I saved it in "My Documents." Can I load a saved score?

Hey, Krag, it doesn't seem to be updating. Try dropping the comma, and change "[/tag close (hwbot)]" to [/hwbot]

OK, I'll change it. Sheeesh, I guess I should read the sticky...LOL! :bday:

Back