• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

920 @ 4.2ghz stock volts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
a picture is worth a thousand words :santa:
superpi6ql.jpg

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=63343
and no reboots yet..

Last edited:
RangerXLT8 said:
Pictures are all blurray, can't see anything but blurry smidges.. Can't wait to see your results.
you gotta click the pic to get the full size image :)
well..i wanted to keep goin on stock volts..but sen asked asked nicely
so i went ahead and did 1.45 @ 315fsb = 4.4ghz
44003ek.jpg

no instability yet

RangerXLT8 said:
Pictures are all blurray, can't see anything but blurry smidges.. Can't wait to see your results.

i think it says 3.2 no reboot yet :D

not bad at all

Wow, nice results! Hopefuly things will start to look up at time goes on for all the new 65nm chips. He is on water btw apogee:maze4:mag3:BIX2:2x sanyo denki.

Nice results so far. Are these numbers benchable or just for the screen shots? You have the latest packing date so far and I wonder if that's making a difference. My 930 was 12/23 and so was Ranger's 920 IIRC. Batboy's 940 was 12/22.

If your numbers here are benchable and you can click off a 4.6-4.7 with 1.50Vc, the 920s are cheap enough that I might pick up one to play with on phase while waiting for the 661s to arrive :D

well, no restarts
but i just ran 3dmark05 and it got through the first test, then 3dmark crashed lol
so i guess its not

btw..i cant go any higher unless i crank up the volts as windows wont boot, and 1.5 mite kill the chip from what i hear esp since windows is reading 3.49 :p

should i burn in @ this speed and volts?

1: Excellent results, cant wait until the steppings get better for the 930s / 940s .. might consiter picking one up. 2: Your load temps are only 30s!??!?!?!?! 3: Update your sig. Good chip bro.

I hear that....I wouldn't go over 1.50Vc either, but a lot of the hardcore OCs are on 1.55+Vc without issue so far. Nvpk (I think it was) issue was with a BIOS problem and not the proc. He got the "Checking BIOS...searching floppy....searching CD-ROM..." error on a bad OC and I dunno what happened after that. My 930 is more or less sold, otherwise I'd bite the bullet, reinstall phase, reinstall the vdroop mod and try a 1.55Vc myself.

Results look a little better than any other so far, but not enough for me to try another since it's not stable there. FYI, I was able to bench 4275 on WC last night @ 1.50Vc (1.52V idle->1.46V load w/o the droop mod). The droop really kills it because that could be a 1.45-1.46V actual setting with the mod. Good luck on getting further...

heh..i ran a load proggi..it was doin 53C load..these temps are insanely HIGHLY
and then it restarted after being 100% load for a few min
so ill back down to 4.3 and see if its stable there!

update: im still @ 4.5
this time doing dual cpu burn in via cpu burn 1.01
load temp is 45c..dunno why its 8C lower, yet both cores are @ 100%
no restarts yet :)
ill burn in for a day and see if it becomes stable somehow :shrug:

Last edited:
pcmark04?
Yeah, 04 is really hard to get through. I've had procs OCed that pass all other benches except 04. If you can get through 04 clean, it's stable.

Back