• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

92w TEC && OCZ water block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n1x4

Registered
Alright, I just ordered a 92w TEC and the 20$ OCZ water block from amazon after my FAIL from making a block from an aluminum HS and was wondering if I will now be able to get a STABLE 24/7 OC @ 4.0Ghz, CPU NB @ 2400Mhz. I'll have to up my vcore to probably 1.45(??) if not more.

TEC
http://www.amazon.com/TEC1-12706-Thermoelectric-Peltier-Cooler-Volt/dp/B002UQQ3Q2

water block
http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Technolog...TF8&qid=1347304876&sr=1-1&keywords=waterblock

Any other thoughts. worthy mentions/notes or just plain ole good feedback?

I was under the impression that the wattage rating of the tec had to exceed the heat output of the cpu, otherwise you overload the tec and it melts down. 92watts doesn't cover a lot of the Phenom 2 quads at stock, if any, and none of them at 4ghz.

I thought that as well and my cpu is a 125w but the Qmax of the TEC is 136w.. Shouldn't that cover it? I do have extra PSUs if I need one for a stand-alone. a cheap 500w, a couple of good Dell 350w'ers. The TEC was free pretty much too so no money was really wasted..

No, you will definitly overload that TEC....I think you owe it to yourself to do a bit more research before you make another big mistake ;)

The thermal maximum of a TEC is how many watts it can move with a 0* delta T, 0DT isnt exactly going to help your cooling situation is it? If you want any benefit at all you need a minimum of a 10*C DT for that you need 50-100% MORE TEC than heat source. A 92W TEC would do well on a 45-65w CPU like a Sempron or Pentium though..

Makes perfect sense... I did a little more reading up and kind of figured it wouldn't work,, :/ Ahh well, no worries it was pretty much free and I have an old p4 3.06 w/ ht I'll put it in..

Back