• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500NP idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just tried the Soft9x00 softmod with RivaTuner.

A picture is suspoed to say a thousand words, but this one just needs to say one:

atiowned.PNG

Just making sure, but I uninstalled RIVAtuner after the mod was successful, and it i still get the same "RADEON 9700" on the screen there, so the extra pipelines are still effective even after I uninstalled RIVAtuner, right?

Also, is there anything else besides the softmod and the hacked BIOS that I need to do to further optimize the card into thinking it is a 9700?

I don't know about RivaTuner, but just check your fillrate scores in 3DMark2K1 and see if they stay at 1500/2100 or better. If they do, then you're fine.

Yay! So i totally screwed my card trying to put ramsinks on it. I have contant artifacts and crap all over the screen, due to a short in the card somewhere. Time to order another card. yay.

Is the bios update really necessary? I only softmoded my card and I am getting no artifacts and good performance. Would flashing the bios help the performance any more?

From what i understand, flashing the bios and the soft mod do the same thing. Not totally positive on that, but I Think that is the case.

Back