• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

955 OC 3.8 settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gaminfool

Registered
I would reaolly appreciate a second set of eyes, I am going to OC my 955BE to 3.8. I am using AMD overdrive I have done some home work and what I plan on doing is moving my multipliers up to 19 (3800 ) thebn moving my voltage (cpu vid) from 13.75 up to 15.55 , cross my fingers hit apply and watch my temps. amd I over looking anything or misinformed?

thx in advance

First thing : don't use overdrive ! Overclock via the bios using the same method (up the CPU multiplier) and don't put 1.54v into you're CPU :eek:

Start at default clocks

Raise you're multi one notch at a time and then run a prog called prime 95 for ~20 mins to test for stability, if it passes and stays under 55c core temp then bump the multi again and repeat , once it fails that's when you bump up the vcore by one notch and run p95 again, keep doing this until you hit 3.8, but you won't need 1.55v vcore. Go slow and take you're time, you will probably find you will make 3.8 pretty easy

I would reaolly appreciate a second set of eyes, I am going to OC my 955BE to 3.8. I am using AMD overdrive I have done some home work and what I plan on doing is moving my multipliers up to 19 (3800 ) thebn moving my voltage (cpu vid) from 13.75 up to 15.55 , cross my fingers hit apply and watch my temps. amd I over looking anything or misinformed?

thx in advance

I think you got the decimal point one place too far to the right.

yeah ,either wrong place for decimal or I got one heck of a cooler lol.
Guys thx again for the quality help I recived. you guys rock

downloading prime 95 now will be working on tomorrow thx

My 955 16.5X 232 NB ,volts 1.38. Have ram at 1547 at 1.5 volts. Have a good heat sink. I like a max of 50C to 55C. MB M4A87TD EVO.
Good Luck and Merry Christmas Johnny333 65+++
PS I would start at 220 and go up 5 at a time.

I think you got the decimal point one place too far to the right.

Ya, he did.

I would think 1.55v is a bit too high, I wouldn't bump it up to there to start. Keep voltage stock, push the multiplier until the system starts to have issues. Increase your voltage one increment of whatever voltage your bios provides and try again. It should be a slow methodical process.

If I remember correctly, it OC'd the same way I OC my X6 1090T, 19x and 1.45v and everything else default (I settled with 3.6GHz which was 18x). The 1090T wass slightly less forgiving due to 2 extra cores.

I have just oc'd my amd x4 955. All I have done is increase the multiplier to x20 and left my voltage on my mobo to auto (ends up being 1.408v)

Back