• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9600GT benchmarks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What I don't get is how it sometimes stays close to the 8800GT with so many fewer SPs. Is it because they are comparing oc'd 9600GT to non-oc'd 8800GT?

Improved how? I just thought it was a mid-range sized G92 in terms of die size to give NV a profitable mid-range product. Similar to the relative positions of the G80 series. Are there any solid details on what this offers architecturally versus a G92?

Improved how? I just thought it was a mid-range sized G92 in terms of die size to give NV a profitable mid-range product. Similar to the relative positions of the G80 series. Are there any solid details on what this offers architecturally versus a G92?

You're ask me, you're the expert, I'm just speculating ;)

What I don't get is how it sometimes stays close to the 8800GT with so many fewer SPs. Is it because they are comparing oc'd 9600GT to non-oc'd 8800GT?

It was one of those factory overclocked versions, not a huge overclock or anything (like the XFX oc'd versions of the 8800GT).

Drew Carry:
"and how much for this lovely peice of computer hardware?"
MySelf:
"$189.99 drew!"

just you wait and see!

dude if you want the winning bid you gotta go 1 over the pervious high bid.
SHEESH! dont you watch price is right?

I got a BFG O.C. model at Fry's last week for the wife's new rig, $109 AR. Not a bad card, She didn't need cutting edge graphics so it seemed like a pretty good fit for her X2 5000BE.

I have got to get down to that frys soon......

Sucks moving up here to nowhere ville sometimes..

I don't miss Indy's traffic though.

I have got to get down to that frys soon......

Sucks moving up here to nowhere ville sometimes..

I don't miss Indy's traffic though.

I just wish Fry's would put a store over here on the Westside, The store is in Fishers/Noblesville and the traffic is especially bad in that area. Of course with the store being where it is it probably saves me alot of money!!:)

Back