• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 Pro Drivers ??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StopNoDont

Ok, I just got a 9700PRO and I need some advice. What is the best driver to use with this card? I saw that ATi just released the new CATALYST 3.10, but I wasn't sure if any of you with the same card had any luck with it. Is there an Omega driver for 3.10 yet? The newest one on their Omega's site is "OMEGA DRIVERS 2.4.96c" Is that it?

I play only a few games:

Half-Life
Half-Life 2...
Counter-Strike
Star Craft
War Craft 3

and here's what I'm working with:

AMD 2500+ Barton (Unlocked..hehe!)
Asus A7N8X Deluxe MB (Rev. 2.0)
1GB (2x512MB) Dual Channel Kingston Hyper-X
WD 36GB 10K SATA Raptor
WD 120GB SATA
ATi 9700 PRO (Real retail ATi Card)
Audigy 2 Platinum

I was also curious about OCing my 9700.

It has L shaped Samsung memory marked:

Samsung 238
K4D26323RA-GC2A
WFF101EA

Let me know what you think would be safe numbers with stock cooling for the RAGE3DTweak program.

CUrrently omega only has 3.9's out, though the 3.10's are due any day. As for oc'ing, every card is different. Go up 10mhz at a time until you see artifacts, then go down 10.

No, they are old. Many people had problems with the 3.8's, and because of it they were sceptical about moving to the 3.9's. 3.10 works perfectly for me.

Yuriman said:
No, they are old.

Just because a driver is old, doesn't make it bad. The 3.9s had their share of problems too, and stability is the most important factor if you use your machine for anything else than benchmarking.

Personally I tend to let others try the new driver versions for a few days before I dive in, unless I have time to blow testing them out thoroughly. Currently I have no bugs in any of my games with my "old" drivers, and therefore have little motivation to rush and install each new driver release.

the 3.10's are working great for me. I have fewer problems in games and the MMC doesn't lock or slow down when responding in TV mode as with the previous versions. So far I like them. I just wish that ATI would stick with the same fonts between updates.

Omega 2.4.96c, thats the driver I'm currently using with my 9700Pro and it works just fine.

I run catalyst 3.9 and aggree with deathknight to not jump on the wagon right away. as for O/C the 9700pro you have the same mem as I do just throw some ramsinks and you should get a nice memory clock out of it with stock cooling.

I am currently running the Omega 2.4.78a

Counter-Strike looks like crap on my dell 1901FP LCD. I just got the monitor, and have never used an LCD for games, so it might just be that ruining it. I thought it would look better on the LCD though... I ran the 3DMARK03 and turned a 4790 with RAGE3DTWEAK at 324/324. When I gave CS a spin it tweaked a little when I was playing, I wasn't that impressed, it just wasn't smooth.

Back