• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700...PRO or not???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RuffRyder88

I was all set to buy the saphire 9700 standard for £200 ( i live in uk), for my P4 2.4 (at 2.6), but then I saw the PRO version for only £40 more at £240.

Taking into account my cpu, is it worth spending the extra for the pro? How much of a difference will it make?

BTW, i cuurrently have a GF4 Ti4200.

Thanks.

regards,
bob

the NP can overclock to PRO speeds easily if you get one with the 2.8ns ram. So check out if the NP has it... then just get the NP... flash it with some Pro goodness and you have 40 bucks to spend on an ownage game to show off your brilliance. (and your video card)

But saying that, can u not overclock the pro even more?

I have a 9700pro running at 380/344 stock
Im getting a waterblock for it, and probably sort out some ram sinks to get mroe out of it.

Would a pro not overclock more than a non pro?

if your not wanting to mod the card, then yeah go with the pro, although i have no idea about your currency, i m not sure if 40 is a lot more or not. i have a non-pro and its a great card, i have yet to see game that even needs me to overclock it, so i havent even bothered.

People are talking about mods, can't i just overclock the card like i do with my geforce ti4200?

At stock speeds, how much faster is the PRO version?

not a WHOLE lot faster, and yes you can overclock the NP, but you have to flash the bios on it first, check out the rage3d forums, they have a lot more info on it.

thanx for the help, i think i will go to the rage forums, to find out more?

Just out of curiousity snyper1982, how do you find your card? Is it fast enough at stock speeds, and once the bios is flashed, how far did you oc it with stock cooling?

regards,
bob

Back