• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A bit of espionage :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PenguinFreak said:

*hangs head in shame*

Sorry bout that - dont want to get team 32 a bad name. I just got really annoyed with that forum.
It's all good but we need to keep it to a mild roar. To come over here should be below their dignity, after all their No.1. Let's see how much they really have. And next time don't use your real user.:eek: :beer: Fold On!

BTW: When we (USA) conduct espionage, we remove the flag from our shoulder.

PenguinFreak said:

*hangs head in shame*

Sorry bout that - dont want to get team 32 a bad name. I just got really annoyed with that forum.

It's good. What's done is done. I just like the environment here and wouldn't want to see it mucked up with, well... let's not go there. ;)
I wouldn't feel too bad about it. Sit back. Have a :beer: and be happy that you can join the ranks of the banished. You're in good company.

We still love ya PF... besides after the funeral i went to and the rotten week at work and the crashing of my new rig last week, and my son almost getting kicked outta school, i NEEDED a good laugh..

BUT remember to all else.. IT's ONLY FUN THE FIRST TIME.. PLZ no copycatters :)

funny stuff PenguinFreak. that site is alright, but definitely immature. we all know which is the best website/forum/Folding team :D

drunkmonkey said:

What so bad about a 14 year old mod?? I know as much or more as most of the people here and I'm 14.
It's not technical knowledge that's the issue. ;)

Oni said:
Good job, Penguinfreak.

Maybe somebody can shed some light on the subject, but what the hell is an "asshat"? Sounds like that mod is about 14 years old.

Actually i think he is in his late 30's or 40's.

I read both [h] and these forums and i'm sorry to say this forum seems the more immature. Posting stuff like PenguinFreak did just proves this point.

My team (OCAU) and [h] have been posting quite a lot on each others messageboard and so far not a single person from either team has had a message deleted or let alone been banned.

Perhaps some of you kids could act a bit more mature when posting on others forums. I know [h] forums is tough ground but i do suggest that it is better to keep a friendly rivalry with the enemy and not start a kiddy slang war.

Of course at the ocau forums we let you post anything cause we are always drunk :D

PS don't take offence to the 'kids' comment. :D Maybe i am just stiring! :p

Cheers and happy folding and drinking.

chestRcopRpot said:

I read both [h] and these forums and i'm sorry to say this forum seems the more immature. Posting stuff like PenguinFreak did just proves this point.

My team (OCAU) and [h] have been posting quite a lot on each others messageboard and so far not a single person from either team has had a message deleted or let alone been banned.

Perhaps some of you kids could act a bit more mature when posting on others forums. I know [h] forums is tough ground but i do suggest that it is better to keep a friendly rivalry with the enemy and not start a kiddy slang war.

Of course at the ocau forums we let you post anything cause we are always drunk :D

And if we judged you by one poster then we wouldn't think to highly of you considering the past, but we don't. If you really spent time at [H] and here you would definitely notice a difference. Here you can actually get information without dealing with the cussing and the flames. Good day!!!!:beer: and Fold on!!!:burn:

Okay, It was a bit childish. I got really bored and annoyed (dont ask why, I dont feel like explaining it).

I may have been immature but this is, overall the more mature form. I'm sure noone here has had the phrase 'asshat' added to their sig.

I understand that we are meant to be friendly about it, but it was just a joke.

chestRcopRpot said:

First of all I will say that it was not right of PenguinFreak to go to t[h]eir fo|rum and do that and his enthusiasm got the best of him. He knows that now. I don't mind a little trash talk, but a large enough percentage of the team members here do so we should apply the same sense in other forums as we expect here.
I can also say that you would be hard pressed to find a situation that was handled as poorly as that. Mods calling people @**hats and others calling names like @**munch represent a bad handling of a questionable post. There is no denying it and there is no working your way around it. The thread was locked and he was banned for something simple and no opportunity for apology was afforded. Now I understand that, just like your local pub, you have to be somewhere for a while and get to know people and gain their respect before you can let loose with a little trash talk. Otherwise you'll get smacked down by the regulars there. That's pretty much what I saw. Brute force attack based on personality and nothing more. Very mature and better should be expected from a professional adult. Some of the finest people I've met in these forums have been banned from t|here for doing nothing more than sticking up for themselves in the face of overwhelming ridicule from the crowd. I'll give credit where it's due. The DC forums there and everywhere do better overall and are usually the best behaved.
Since we are branding an entire forum based upon one incident let's take an example that we have, from members of your forum BTW, is this http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43513
Noone called him an @**hat or @**munch or anything of the sort nor was he banned. The thread was not locked and you were given an opportunity to make good of it and all was well. And we didn't ask someone from another forum to drop by your place to stir up more trouble.

It is probably true that we have a younger group here, partly due to the fact that this forum doesn't set off pr0nography filters like some places. With that you get the enthusiasm of a younger group, although I believe that the majority of the members here are adults. Despite the possibility that this forum contains a young audience the members do quite well overall and show a level of maturity that is lacking in ot[h]er places. What good would that statement be without examples.

It was morning when I read this and I had to get ready for work, so it occurred to me to do a search on an everyday word and the first thing that came to mind was "shower".
Searching for shower here turns up this -
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/searc...d=105475&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Searching for shower some|place else turns up this -
http://www.hardforums.com/search.ph...d=550570&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

There are countless others if you'd like to see them.

While it did stir up trouble I think that it's over. If it had to be handled that way then so be it. There is nothing we can do about it now.
I'll cap this overblown, windbagged post off with saying something else. PenguinFreak is a good member of the team. He is enthusiastic and wants to help as much as he can. He has gained the respect of me and of others here because of the character and willingness to help others. One incident of over-enthusiasm is not enough for me to turn my back on a team mate. All I can hope for is that this doesn't happen again, and I doubt that it will. Things happen. People get excited. Others get ticked off. That's life. But when I see the pot calling the kettle black I'll be sure to have a mirror standing by.

Last edited:
Ok, I think we had better leave this alone now, this could end up as a forum war and I would not like to be credited with causing that. Apologies to all Hardforum members, lets not get into name calling.

The reason I joined this team was because I liked the way people conducted themselves in the forum. Though I did not visit OCAU, I did visit HardOCP. I prefer that attitudes and personalities here. I don’t care what Team 32’s rank is (though I will do my best to boost them as much as I can).

Yes, I see we have a few “kids” here and I only wish that I was as involved in the hobby when I was there age.

FeralCom said:
The reason I joined this team was because I liked the way people conducted themselves in the forum. Though I did not visit OCAU, I did visit HardOCP. I prefer that attitudes and personalities here. I don’t care what Team 32’s rank is (though I will do my best to boost them as much as I can).

Yes, I see we have a few “kids” here and I only wish that I was as involved in the hobby when I was there age.

Kids! lol
I am legally an adult - 16.
Yeah it was kinda childish.

Nice responses. especially ploafs.

But most of my post was tongue-in-cheek. You didn't need to respond with all that thought. I'm not worth it!

"I am legally an adult - 16. " Where the hell do you live???? Sorry can't be bothered going back to look! So you can vote and drink and stuff at 16. Man that is cool. in Australia it is 18. Anyway can't be the US, i don't even think you can drink alcohol until you are 21....... No wonder the youth of america is so troubled.... :D

cheers

Me and NASsoccer are working on getting a whole lab up, it's only another 10 ghz or so but still, and I'm sure we can pull it since he is the ADMIN

Razorclaw212 said:
Me and NASsoccer are working on getting a whole lab up, it's only another 10 ghz or so but still, and I'm sure we can pull it since he is the ADMIN

speaking of which, anyone know the best way to get the most out of computers where the users have to log on and off. I know the screensaver version isn't the greatest thing in the world but i was wondering if there was a better solution:confused:

Back