• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little help needed from a sound Noob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I personally like these a lot I've been on vacation for about a week but thought I'd through my 2 cents in :)

I've used several good sets of Plantronics, Tritons, etc over time gaming, and really prefer this over anything I've used.

They sound great for music also.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826289001

Only headphones I've ever had to turn down to half to get them to sound good, for the price are better than a few 5.1 hardware dedicated ones Ive tried. And still have, the 7.1 software works fine on my set-up.

I had a problem with my soundcard and Ventrillo co-operating together at one time I guess, though doesn't apply to many, but the USB connection for headphone sound on the Microphone on them fixed that also. (well I guess I use USB for sound and microphone with these when not doing the HTPC thing)

Used to play call of duty 4 a lot and the surround worked very well there as far as directional placement of sounds.

Yeah, the lights on em are pretty passe, but I think most people just turn em off, I do. They still sound fantastic in my opinion, If you use all the options on em they'd probably do ear damage over a couple days. Might be a con I'd think if anyone has youngsters and asks for em btw. The Vibe function would probably be capable of ear damage if at full blast pretty fast. I'm serious.

*edit* I'd almost guarentee you'd never put these at 100% unless you've turned your windows input settings down less you like your brains scrambled hehe.

Last edited:
Haha, doesn't sound like my kind of headset. I sometimes lose track of how much I turn the darn things up. I mean I start off at 50%, but and hour in I realize that I have reached 100% volume. Yikes, I think I'd kill my ears and I already have a right-ear hearing loss. LOL

Thanks anyways bud. I am not looking for volume, just quality.

OH MY GOSH!!! These m50's are freaking incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just sitting on my laptop with the standard sound card, listen to my Anberlin, Cities Album. I am hearing things I have never heard before! I can't wait for them to "break in," because this is SOO incredible!! Thanks for the recommendations and help, Brando and Maxvla!

They do sound good but whatever :)

:beer:

Some people that have high end Sennheiser's prefer these over em but whatever floats your boat :)

Back