• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question about screen and what type should i buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M@rk

Hello everyone!
I have a question about screens, What 1080p screen should i buy? I got a few options and i dont know which one to choose.
A regular good flat 1080p screen, A curved 1080p screen, Or a 144Hz 1080p screen? A regular flat screen can be 24' or 27', But the curved and 144Hz screens are 24' only.
One flat regular screen i looked is: AOC G2460VQ6 24'' LED which is a 1080p 75Hz screen "for" gaming, And another flat screen is: AOC E2770SHE 27'' LED, The 3rd screen is a curved 1080p: Samsung C24F390FH 24'' LED VA (Which has a VA panel and from what i know VA panels are really good), And the 4th is: AOC G2460PF 24'' LED Which is a 144Hz 1080p screen.
So which one should i choose? What are the cons and pros of these screens and is a curved or a 144Hz screens really going to affect anything?

When I stepped up from 24" to 27" I found gaming much more enjoyable on the larger size.
I don't think I'd go bigger on my desk, I really like the 27" size as it fits nicely.
I also opted for a monitor that overclocks so I could hit 110hz. I noticed a difference between 60hz and 110hz, I don't think I'd ever go back to a 60hz monitor.
Any reason to not get both 27" and 144hz?
I've never used the curved screens, so I can't comment on them.

When I stepped up from 24" to 27" I found gaming much more enjoyable on the larger size.
I don't think I'd go bigger on my desk, I really like the 27" size as it fits nicely.
I also opted for a monitor that overclocks so I could hit 110hz. I noticed a difference between 60hz and 110hz, I don't think I'd ever go back to a 60hz monitor.
Any reason to not get both 27" and 144hz?
I've never used the curved screens, so I can't comment on them.

27' with 144Hz are too expensive, Even 24' with 144Hz is really expensive.
Can you give me the model you have? Maybe they have it in the shop.

Update: The gaming monitor from AOC i listed support freesync and is flicker free and has anti blue light (At least thats what they say.) And its the cheapest monitor from the list, I usually game alone (Forever alone ;-;) so i dont think i need more than a TN panel, It also has a refresh rate of 75Hz and maybe even overclocks more :O.

Last edited:
Mine is a Catleap, not a cheap monitor.
But here's one on newegg that's not too expensive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-009-909

I cant buy on the internet cause the tax will be 3rd of the price :/ Also didnt find that monitor in the shop im buying at.
Im on really tight budget so i cant waste more than 1000 sheqels (260$ including shop tax probably around 50$) So its buying a decent 24' screen or the cheapest 27' screen, What will you suggest? 27' cheap or 24' decent?

Ill probably buy the AOC G2460VQ6 24'' LED cause its the cheapest and best bang for the budget i have. Ill review it when ill buy it ;).

Last edited:
Sounds good! Wish I could give you more recommendations, but everything I buy is online so I'm not sure what's available to you.

Sounds good! Wish I could give you more recommendations, but everything I buy is online so I'm not sure what's available to you.

Not alot, At least not in my price range.
There are other monitors available but they are more expensive or lack features this monitor has, Like flicker free, 75Hz refresh rate, Anti blue light (Good for me cause i sit infront of the screen for long periods of time.) and its a freesync monitor which will make everything more fluid. TN panels are nice as long as i game and watch movies alone.
Thanks for helping me :).

Ill also write a review on that monitor so if you want to read that just check my acc :)
Itll be released between the 13th and 17th of august i guess [If i do buy the monitor in the 10th (which is my payday) or 11th]

Last edited:
Sadly the screen is not available at the store right now and they said itll be there in about a week :(.

Update: They just called and said they got it now! Sadly i cant buy it now so i have to wait till sunday :/

Last edited:
Back