• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a wall of fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dirty i5

Registered
ok first off im building a folding rig and it will be air cooled but i have an old case that im reuse but it is from my windows 95 socket 7 snail lol so i was considering making a wall of fans blowing into the case at least 9 120 mm cougar fans to move air into the case. or am i just having more stupid ideas? the cpu will be a intel i7 980, with a noctua nh-d14, and more then likely just a asus gtx 560 ti if that matters, or if anyone has a good solution to keep temps down

It's been done. Have fun with all the cables though...the results won't be all that great. You would have a hell of amount air moving against your rig, but you might as well just get one case fan for the side...200mm?

mmmmm interesting, it would be cheaper too, and i not looking for 40 degrees max load over clocked i just want less then 63ish

Instead of 9x120mm fans you might want to consider some 140mm fans, they will be quieter, move more air and you will need fewer.

Or as delta mentioned a large +200mm is definitely an excellent alternative(possibly a 300mm).

Back