• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a10-7850k overclocking guide?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jhip626

is there a guide for newbies on this processor? ive had this pc for a few years and i think its time id like to overclock it, but i dont know where to begin. i have AMD overdrive installed. bu theres alot of stuff to change in there. i havent found much useful stuff in google searches either... i just plan to overclock the cpu because i have another gpu that i use now.
thanks!

Dont use overdrive to oc it use bios. Once you get hang of Bios you will forget about overdrive. List your parts so people can actualy help you here, include every single part in case including fans etc... I am sure you can find some guide here on forums check pined topics in overclocking section.

Just go into BIOS and raise the multiplier. I'd start on stock voltage and see how far it goes. These CPUs run out of gas pretty quickly from wht I remember. After you raise the speed go to windows and use P95 blend to check for stability. You'll need a monitoring software open AMD OD works well for the APUs but it shows temps as a distance to max IIRC. It'll be more like a count down. If you're stable and temps are OK then add another multi and test again.

Hello . I have the same cpu and I would like also to OC it. Also I am noob ti all this content. Any suggestion? Is there any video guide for it? My pc specs are
Case: Z9 Neo Black
Cpu: Amd A10 7850k
Gpu: Radeon 7870 x2 crossfire
Mobo: Asrock A88m G/3.1
PSU: 750watt
RAM: 8GB 2400mhz
Thanks in advance

Back