• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A10 9700E/9800E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just got a bad project idea this afternoon, just looking for info at this point. I realized AMD has a line of lower-than-average power use APUs for the AM4 socket, primarily the A10 9700E and 9800E. Has anyone grabbed one of these? Possibly tried to OC them? I see they're available as 3rd party sellers on some of the larger sites (Amazon and Newegg). More of a curiosity at this point...

It is socket AM4 but Bristol Ridge, not Summit Ridge (Ryzen) so still on the 28 nm fab. But I too would be interested to see how far it would overclock.

Looks like at stock frequencies the Cinebench scores for the 9800 are somewhat less than what you would expect from an entry level i3: https://us.hardware.info/reviews/72...m4-review-benchmarks-cinebench-15-singlemulti

I would expect the 9700E to overclock to about the level of the stock 9800.

Last edited:
I looked around for those a while ago and couldn't find any that weren't prebuilt. I think they were OEM only

I looked around for those a while ago and couldn't find any that weren't prebuilt. I think they were OEM only

Didn't even think of that. Why do they get all the fun stuff... In that case are there any 25-35w TDP chips that are availeable and overclockable?

Back