• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a55-hvs 8 pin cpu (another question!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
hey im running an a55-hvs motherboard with a a6-3650 apu an was just wondering if it was bad for be to be running the 8 pin cpu header with just a 4 pin?
i dont have any video cards or anything at all extra for that matter in the thing its my office pc i had put together for myself the seasonic psu i bought though i didnt read only has a 4 pin is there any danger to this seeing as im not overclocking it nor running a pci card and using just an a6-3650?

i mean its no big deal for me to grab a dual-molex to 8 pin adapter from home i have a couple of them, i probably will anyhow i just want to run the system and forgot to grab it.

Last edited:
Normally this is not a problem. It wouldn't hurt anything and the worse case scenario would be instability.

alright sweet thanks just didnt want some roasted 12v pins :p its plenty stable for now >:D wait till i get that 8 pin in there shes getting some OC ;)

ok so now i got my new heatsink on it (was using one from an old amd 64) now my idle temps are 8c? does that seem right? under load it takes a dead stop at 40c (if i bump up the clock to 103 it gets up to 49) just seems weird to me but then again this is my first amd pc oh yea im using a hyper tx3 cooler master
before i was idling at like 18-20c with the amd 64 old school aluminum cooler and under load i had to stop p95 cuz it went strait to 50 and i got scared lol

didnt feel liek starting a new thread over somethign so simple.

Back