• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 San Diego Steppings and Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Holy crap!

KACAE - Possibly the best chip for air cooling and can reach very high speeds with low voltage. Most KACAE’s will achieve >3GHz, but some steppings (i.e. the 0602GPMW) are capable of 3.2GHz! Unlike the KAB2E’s they do not seem to scale well with Vcore and tend to perform best when at a lower Vcore.

My 3700+ came in today and it's a KACAE! It's not the uber stepping but I'm very excited to see the possible potential for this chip! It will be under water too most likely!

ziggo0 said:
Holy crap!

My 3700+ came in today and it's a KACAE! It's not the uber stepping but I'm very excited to see the possible potential for this chip! It will be under water too most likely!
:attn: Rock On!

Take-er up nice and easy and lets see what she do.

ziggo0 said:
Holy crap!

:clap: :attn: :attn: :clap: lets see what she does :) Most likely wont need the water, as your vcore wont be as high, but its still nice to have :)

Seems most of the retail sandy's now are KACAE :):):)

Oh and, Dont forget to burn her in!

I got lucky, i read this post and i was going to re-seat my HSfan, so i checked. Sure enough it was a KACAE. heh, i am happy. The stats are in my sig:beer:

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
:clap: :attn: :attn: :clap: lets see what she does :) Most likely wont need the water, as your vcore wont be as high, but its still nice to have :)

Seems most of the retail sandy's now are KACAE

Oh and, Dont forget to burn her in!

Well, I only have the stock heatsink fan but I got all my old A64 WC stuff sitting in a box doing nothing (I was on A64, had to downgrade but im back now). I figure, why spend 40 ~ 60 bux on a high end heatsink when I can just fix my waterblock and use that eh? OH! I don't remember the stock voltage for this chip being 1.35vcore...is that normal? What do you mean by 'burn her in'? Mind telling me what it is or how to do it? Thanks :D

3700stockvcore.jpg

There is a slight difference in actual vcore and what is set in the bios. It's set to Auto or "Normal" which is 1.35vcore, a small drop or droop

30C Idle on Stock air
37C Load on Stock air

cold ambient though..

Last edited:
redrumy3 said:
push that to 3ghz !!!

I would do that but where I live the ambient temp are always 30-34ºC, so im waiting the ZALMAN to push this baby to the max :)

freeagent said:
looks good, almost clocks like mine does, except mine is 1.4v stock :beer:

Update :bday: just for now, I dont want to use cpu divider, I know this baby can go easily to 3.0+ ghz. Later I will try new clocks. :beer:

3700_2.2GHZ_2.jpg

malon said:
I would do that but where I live the ambient temp are always 30-34ºC, so im waiting the ZALMAN to push this baby to the max :)

Not sure how many in farenheit that is, but if your cpu is under 50c its okay to push it. I try not to go above 50 with a64's, definatly not above 55.

KACEA

As of last Monday Newegg was shipping 4000+'s with KACAE /0603EPBW, and 0603EPEW. :) I'm ready for a shakedown cruise as soon as AS5 cures.
Let the games begin!

I've noticed that they have two 3700 SDs listed. One model number is ADA3700cfBOX and the other is ADA3700bnBOX. What is the difference?

hmm.... every time i try and et my chip past 2.8, it is very unstable, even at 1.5v....

right now i am burning it in to try and get the rated speed i have in my sig at 1.4v. then maybe iw ill be able to take it a little higher. Hopefully to 3ghz.

tdamocles said:
I've noticed that they have two 3700 SDs listed. One model number is ADA3700cfBOX and the other is ADA3700bnBOX. What is the difference?

Dunno the difference, all I can tell you is that I bought the ADA3700BNBOX fifteen days ago and I recieved a KACAE 0605 stepping which is doing fine :beer:

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
CABGE - Old stepping which is not as common lately. Just like the Opteron 146 CABGE they are in general bad overclockers which will usually only reach 2.6GHz-2.7GHz. Fear the cabbage!
KABGE – Similar the cabbage above. They do slightly better and overclock to around ~2.7GHz but still don’t come close to the superior later steppings.

Heh, cabbage :p

Back