• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V133-C or not to C , and TEMP PROBLEM!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mentalbliss

Registered
I bought a A7v133-c
Box said so, sticker says so, picture says so..

but the bios disagrees...

Ok, i bought this mobo like 2 years ago.. never really payed any attention, went to upgrade bios.. and it said INVALID VERSION..
:mad: WTF ?????

So i got the box, and made sure I wasnt being retarded... yeah it says A7V133-C.. open the case, peek in, yup.. A7V133-C right on the sticker on the mobo.. (I later peeled this sticker off, nothing under it... )

What gives???

SO i download the A7v133 bios, and it flashes right in, no problem..

WTF?? im confused.. this board looks EXACTLY like the board on Asus webpage for A7V133-C, but the bios is A7V133???

someone help??

Anyways.. that not my real concern.. my real concern is the mobo temp... somethings is wrong.. bad wrong...

Processor: AMB K7- Athlon XP (Origional brown wafer) 1600+
Cooling unit: Alpha PAL-8045 + FAN (combo)

now.. the fan blows down twards the heatsink.. some like it to blow up???

anyways... here is the problem...

Idle temp, CPU 42c MOBO 32c
Fullload CPU 57c MOBO 33c

Something is wrong... i know that much.. lol
My mobo is on some drugs..

Is the probe off by 10 degrees??? because nothing is hot to the touch at idle.. its actually cool... not near 100 degrees at idle..

that would make sence.. but i dont know.. its kinda freakign me out.. its ran fine for about.. 2 years now.. without a problem lol... i dont know.. help??

and also.. Sould i force a flash with the A7V133-C bios?? since my sticker says that, the box says it, and i paied for it? (2 yrs ago)

What would the effects of this be, dead mobo?? if so.. ill leave it.. lol

Asus is known for being 10degrees off. - not to worry.

I had an A7V that was an easy 10 off.

I'd check with Asus before you force flash the BIOS tho.

It's working now......

everything works perfect.. audio.. i got it @ 150 FSB making my 1.6 XP run an actual 1.6 ghz .... its virtually flawless and i just recently replaced the cooler on the northbridge with a Iceberg.. i also colled the south, and my harddrives.. with some aditional case fans (2).....

Its virtually a wind tunnel in there with the Alpha PAL8045 + Delta 80mm fan sucking air through, instead of pushing it down...

it runs rock solid.....

Back