• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a8-9600 overclockable on asrock ab350m-pro4 mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g36ftw

Hey guys, I'm new to this form and to overclocking in general. I can't seem to get this processor to overclock on this mobo. Bios is at the most current version as well. Any advice would be great. thanks.
currently only have one 4gb stick of 2133 ram installed.

Can't overclock is pretty vague, what are you doing and what is the result. We need more info in order to be of any help to you.
The A8-9600 is based on Excavator and as such, it needs good cooling and they're power hungry but even on that small board you should be able to get a few more MHz out of it.
What cooler are you using? stock?

I'm running a custom water cooling loop so that shouldn't be a problem however I've only seen these overclock on Asus b350 boards and I'm not sure if my board can over clock this apu

I've been finding mixed reports on this overclocking or not, does seem to be motherboard related. Just a question, if this is new can you return it or exchange for a Ryzen 2200G only a bit more expensive but much better performance from CPU and APU

My current cpu is not new, but I might be able to sell it for around 40 dollars.. I'm also running dual r9 290x gpus that are water cooled (1000 watt PSU)

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Ryzen 3 or 5 though?

Back