• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8N32-SLI DELUXE AMD 64 X2 4400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Current results

Cpu 2382.2 Ghz up from stock 2.2
Mult 11x 216mhz Voltage is stock

I had brought it up to 2.4 but after testing it with P95 i got an error after five minutes on core 0.
I think if i raised the V-core it would be stable but im not quite ready to go that far yet.

2.38 seems stable so far, primes been running for almost 12 hours now (crosses fingers). My scores in N-bench have increased about 8 % but i would really like to get more out of my CPU.

Temps

Cpu
Idle load
38c 51c

Mobo
Idle load
38c 42c

Does that seem ok, i thought it a bit strange for my Mainboard and CPU to idle at nearly exact temps but it doesnt seem to be causing any problems.

Thanks again everyone for all the support :)

I am using the stock cooler that comes with the 4400+, pretty hefty for a stock cooler if you ask me. 4 heat pipes and a massive cooper sink. i am also using arctic cool gooey stuff.

Oh a quick question please, if i have 2 gigs spread out over 4 pci slots what should i have my T1/T2 set to?

I am also curious about my V-core Voltage, its currently set as default 1.425 is this a bit high or low?

No idea on the RAM - I've heard it both ways and have no experience with four sticks.

Stock vCore is 1.35v but a lot of people run 1.45-1.55v seemingly without problems. On that board you really have to [Enable] Overvolt CPU to control the vCore - just remember that your VID setting needs to be 0.200v lower than you want. For example, if you want 1.425v you [Enable] Overvolt CPU then set the VID to 1.225v - stock would be 1.150v (with Overvolt) ...

Last edited:
Ok sorry dont mean to sound dunce here but are you saying i should lower my V-core a bit?

Also my current settings (untested)

FsB/htt 220
SB to Nb 200
PCIE 100 default
Proc freq multi 11X (note my does not go to 12x?)
V-core 1.425
HT 4x which brings me to 880, if im doing this right

Mem clock 183
Cas 3.0
Tras 8clk
Trp 4clk
Trcd 4clk
T2/T1 set auto (shows 2T on CPU-Z)

Any thoughts, temps are norm ive got Prime running now one for each core

thanks

Well with the above settings i am getting very poor performance, its really lagging now all over the place, any ideas based on above settings what could be causing this.

jasonaerts said:
Ok sorry dont mean to sound dunce here but are you saying i should lower my V-core a bit?

Also my current settings (untested)

FsB/htt 220
SB to Nb 200
PCIE 100 default
Proc freq multi 11X (note my does not go to 12x?)
V-core 1.425
HT 4x which brings me to 880, if im doing this right

Mem clock 183
Cas 3.0
Tras 8clk
Trp 4clk
Trcd 4clk
T2/T1 set auto (shows 2T on CPU-Z)

Any thoughts, temps are norm ive got Prime running now one for each core

thanks

Ok i have changed my HT back to 5x that seems to have fixed the lag. very snappy with 2 primes running one per core.

is there anything else i can do to sharpen this even more, im thinking 2.4 is a good oc for now, how about mem? volt?

Wow i am just full of questions now hehe :p

Temps

Idle / Load

38C / 52-55c` (this too hot?)

jasonaerts said:
Ok i have changed my HT back to 5x that seems to have fixed the lag. very snappy with 2 primes running one per core.

is there anything else i can do to sharpen this even more, im thinking 2.4 is a good oc for now, how about mem? volt?

ok all of the above is the same except i have change my

FSB to 240 and multi to 10x

Ran for a while fine then just rebooted (2xprime/one per core, was browsing the net, then i tried winrar making an sfx archive)

Then i remembered i had forgotten to change my memclock so i changed that to 166 which brings me right back to 200mhz. running same test set up now load is at 55c not sure if i like that, or if it is within a reasonable range.

Will lowering my V-core help with temps? current is 1.425?

sorry for all the posts just getting excited as i think i actually understand how all of the above settings relate....err well kind of.

jasonaerts said:
Hello to everyone, this is my first post on this forum and its rather selfish sorry but i dont have much to offer in the form of Knowledge here quite yet.

A8N32-SLI DELUXE
AMD 64 X2 4400+ TOLEDO 90NM
BFG 7950GT OC'ed to 590/1600
Audigy 2 Zs
2 Gigs Budget DDR 400mhz Ram
WD 250g SATAII
500 Watt Neo HE pwrsply

I am somewhat aware of the wealth of information here on these forums and am thankfull to have found them, i am sure there is a guide to doing what i am asking which is to OC my setup but i was really hoping for someone to hold my hand on this one as this will be my first attempt at overclocking and i really dont want to hurt my hardware as it took me 13months to save up for it and cant be replaced easily.

If there is anyone out there willing to give me this sort of attention i would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance =)

Jason

:welcome:

No need to feel selfish at all , we are here for knowledge , friendship, and most of all help. We actually enjoy helping
Yes lower your Vcore in small incraments. Heat is always the enemy , so the less heat the more the overclock , those are the basics.
That stocker is a great hsf , so great I actually use it too on one folding rig.
Raising fsb creates little heat , multi = more heat.

As far as memory , if anything more than 2 slots are filled , it will ONLY run in 2T , no matter what you do in bios.
You said something like artic cool gooey stuff? Arctic Silver 5 (AS5) ?

When you get further into overclocking you will want to change the over-volt setting in teh bios . I just did this for another 150mhz to 2.859 on my 3700+ San Diego but thats after you get a better heatsink .
Look into a XP90c that is what I am using with a triblade delta and I get full load temps of 39c @1.55 volts. Thats why I say lower the V-core to atleast 1.4 or lower. the stock voltage on that chip is 1.35-1.4 so I would start at 1.35
If your overclock goes bad press the Insert key , hold your power button for 4 second , wait 10 seconds , hit your power button again while still holding Insert key , and that shoould get you back to seeing normal boot process but you can get into your bios again without moving the jumper . I wish I had known that trick when I started overclocking , saves HUGE time in overclocking .
Good luck , and if your interested in a stress test that also helps the Human Race look here http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21
Again :welcome: and have fun

silent bob

jasonaerts said:
ok all of the above is the same except i have change my

FSB to 240 and multi to 10x

Ran for a while fine then just rebooted (2xprime/one per core, was browsing the net, then i tried winrar making an sfx archive)

Then i remembered i had forgotten to change my memclock so i changed that to 166 which brings me right back to 200mhz. running same test set up now load is at 55c not sure if i like that, or if it is within a reasonable range.
55°C is still OK but you're starting toward the Red Zone (60°C). Lower volts = lower temps so if you can turn the vCore down and still keep your OC then do it. Since you're already over-clocked I wouldn't back down to 1.35v (1.15v + Overvolt) right away. Try turning it down 0.25v at a time until it won't boot with the settings you have now, then turn it back up 0.25v. If your chip is anywhere close to average you should be able to get a least 2600-2650 on the stock cooler but trust your temps and stay under 60°C under 2xPrime95 load.

It doesn't matter how fast your machine is running right now, if 2xPrime95 checks out for ~15 min. and you can run a SuperPi 2M test then increase the FSB again and test again. If the test fails (and your temps will allow it) increase the vCore another 0.25v. Also, I'd keep the 11x multi - the only good reason to go with a lower multi (and higher FSB) is to increase the RAM speed and you're already using a divider to turn yours down.

BTW - How fast did the HT bus run before it locked up ...?

but if he loweres the v-core he will drop temps to safe level . if you raise the fsb , I thought you only need to raise your memory voltage ?
in re-reading my post , I would say 1.4 or more , I got you confused with a different post

see jasonaerts , we are all still learning

QuietIce said:
55°C is still OK but you're starting toward the Red Zone (60°C). Lower volts = lower temps so if you can turn the vCore down and still keep your OC then do it. Since you're already over-clocked I wouldn't back down to 1.35v (1.15v + Overvolt) right away. Try turning it down 0.25v at a time until it won't boot with the settings you have now, then turn it back up 0.25v. If your chip is anywhere close to average you should be able to get a least 2600-2650 on the stock cooler but trust your temps and stay under 60°C under 2xPrime95 load.

It doesn't matter how fast your machine is running right now, if 2xPrime95 checks out for ~15 min. and you can run a SuperPi 2M test then increase the FSB again and test again. If the test fails (and your temps will allow it) increase the vCore another 0.25v. Also, I'd keep the 11x multi - the only good reason to go with a lower multi (and higher FSB) is to increase the RAM speed and you're already using a divider to turn yours down.

BTW - How fast did the HT bus run before it locked up ...?

Well if i am on the right track I would say to answer your question about my HT

As i sad earlier i had it at 4x with an FSB of 220 which comes out to 880.
That turned out to be very slow and was a good way for me to understand how some things work.........i think ;)

Now its at 1200 - 240fsb X 5X K8 - NB multi

Things are smooth right now.

I will alter my V-core down a bit, thanks for the Tips S.B. Q.I. very much appreciated and thank you for the Warm welcome. And now that i know most people are getting around 2.6Ghz with the stock cooler (I know all systems are not the same =P) i can see about pushing her that hard while working around the other settings to get a locked in stability.

I took some time to look up my Generic Ram and mine turns out to be very solid (thanks the gods!) :bday: 2.3.3.5 are proposed timings, not bad not great but stable!

Thanks again for all the input guys i could'nt have done it without you (Seriously) Now i dont feel like this :temper:

Oh and Yes Silent Bob ARCT Silver 5

Last edited:
Back