• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8V Gigbit Lan Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimmyG

I recently installed a D-Link 655 Gigabit Router and my A8V mobo Marvell Gigabit built in lan connector only connects at 100 mbs. My other computers on the lan can connect at 1 gigabit/s. All of these computers are wired connections. I have installed the latest drivers and still no joy. Any suggestions??:(

Have you tried a different cable? Also wouldn't hurt to check the motherboard's jack, make sure there aren't any corroded contacts in there.

Have you tried a different cable? Also wouldn't hurt to check the motherboard's jack, make sure there aren't any corroded contacts in there.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had an mechanical ethernet switch between the computer and the router for switching to another computer. When I took the switch out of the circuit it connected at 1 gig. :beer:

Now my problem is how to fix the mechanical switch. I use this setup to work on broken computers. It works in tandem with a KVM switch and an audio switch.

Is the mechanical switch even supposed to support gigabit? If it doesn't specifically say it will, then it probably either doesn't meet the specs for crosstalk or it doesn't connect the additional wire pairs used in gigabit. (10/100 only actually uses two of the wire pairs, gigabit uses all four.)

Is the mechanical switch even supposed to support gigabit? If it doesn't specifically say it will, then it probably either doesn't meet the specs for crosstalk or it doesn't connect the additional wire pairs used in gigabit. (10/100 only actually uses two of the wire pairs, gigabit uses all four.)

That must be it. I will look around for a good electronic gigabyte switch.

i am having trouble marvel gigabit lan, only mine is running at 10mbs. i have a router and a phyiscal firewall before my computer. any ideas?

Back