• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Ai7 and Mach 2???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Contemplateing getting an AI7 after my p4p800 died on me... my main concern is: will it be possible to hook up a future Mach 2 ( i plan to buy in a few months) to this board? The issue is that the cpu slot is on a 45 degree angle and I dont know if the prommie head will cover the whole cpu... anyone know?

not to sure if this will help but i just got the ai7 two days ago, i using the slk900u and i find that the heat sink covers more of the cpu, my old board (iwll p4ht) had the standard style cpu socket and the heat sink did not cover it all the way. NOTE watch the NB heat sink

Noone ever really answered this :(

I'm about to get an old Mach I tomorrow or something like that, and I thought I'd switch over to P4 again for a while :)

But I was considering the AI7 and also didn't se it on the list of compatible boards here: http://www.chip-con.com/index.php?pageid=100

Can anyone tell me if it's going to work?

I guess I could always mod the mounting plate or something...

Back